Re: mass effect legendary DLC pinnacle station

by holger1405

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm with you delena665, I won't miss it at all. In fact when I replayed the game a few weeks ago it was the only thing I skipped. I'll play RPG's with shooting elements, but the shooting by itself is not the draw. I think that Mass Effect 1 shooting is the games weakest point anyway.

Message 11 of 22 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No I wouldn’t be willing to pay for that dlc again.

Message 12 of 22 (918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In my opinion they should add it as extra DLC after launch.
From what I know from gameplays and guides, the 13 challenges of Pinnacle Station provide, by overcoming these challenges, more licenses to buy 13 heavy weapons [very powerful, fast death of enemies] and at low cost (a key step to prepare against the Reapers).
And by the way, as they would have to recreate all the DLC, add (to ME1) some armor (armor similar to cerberus engineer) and another weapon (a previous particle rifle) already existing in ME3. 

Message 13 of 22 (895 Views)

@Ivory299 

The surce code of the DLC is corrupt and Bioware decided against a reprogramming of the DLC for the LE.

So the chance that they will add it later on are practically zero.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 14 of 22 (873 Views)

★ Guide

You basically nailed my thoughts.

I seem to remember like 3 or maybe 4 characters there you could talk to on the station that acted like competitive rivals and said you had no chance then they basically had no other lines until you completed everything and then they'd give you a one liner about "wow youre impressive" or "you must have cheated". Im paraphrasing of course, barely remember the dlc. 

I dont mind shooting for the sake of shooting if they had made it feel like a tournament at least. some cheers and jeers from spectators, a few cutscenes of other competitors trading words with you over your successes (and losses), maybe even them raging in a corner that they cant beat your score. Anything to breathe some life into it so that each mission felt more exciting.

As it was it felt like the first 5 mins on the station was all the excitement then just grind for a few hours till you beat it all, pop the achievement then talk to everyone once more and leave.Not worth replaying in the original state compared to me3 dlc

Message 15 of 22 (857 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@holger1405

You're right. But from EA they always say:
- the fans asked "such a thing".
- "such things" might not be do due to lack of time.

And "those things" are what generate the essence of the DLC. Just in case I make suggestions.

Message 16 of 22 (848 Views)

★ Apprentice

What they may end up doing is releasing the initial game on May 14th, then down the road, when they have time to fit in making the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, they may simply redo the original DLC and re-release it as a DLC to the Legendary Edition. This to me, makes the most sense. They may do it for free, but even if they charge $5, many gamers would be happy to have it with the upgraded graphics. I know the code was corrupted, and that is unfortunate, there are still working copies of the DLC available on Xbox Store that they could pull code from and whatnot, but I guess they need the Master Copy to cover code to work on all consoles.

Message 17 of 22 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@TheRealMarsupioYou can’t 'pull code' from a compiled game. They would basically have to recreate everything from scratch. They have already explained why they decided against it, not sure why folks are thinking they will reverse course on this. There is no cost benefit for them to do it, and they have to justify their projects.

Message 18 of 22 (743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That way even I get this source code thing. Yeah, IF yo uhave the cake you reverse to it's ingredients. Standard smile

I don't miss it either. It was really boring and simple, no story at all. Plus I always played on Insanity, but that mission only beated at Easy, even a Level 60 character and full Spectre gear. I like that little "house" what we earn, but simply said before ME3 Citadel DLC did this again, just better and every way.

Also not worth the time and money and resources fromt he devs to remake this shooting gallery DLC. Actually every other DLC is better then Pinnacle Station!

What I maybe support: remaster multipalyer, maybe a stand-alone game as free2play. But no, make a better MP for the next Mass Effect title. ME:A MP was a copy+paste, I want better one.

Message 19 of 22 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know what it would take to make it possible to attach the original quality DLC to the Legendary Edition, but if it can be done, that would be the way to go here. Sure it looks a bit wonky in comparison, but if it's functional, it's better than nothing. The advantage with having it would be the computer at your residence that you can use to order the best equipment in ME1 once you've beaten all the challenges at Pinnacle Station.

Message 20 of 22 (682 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help