Re: mass effect legendary DLC pinnacle station

by Psychotps

Original Post

mass effect legendary DLC pinnacle station

★ Novice

mass effect DLC pinnacle station for Legendary edition.

I am a big Mass effect fan I understand the current situation is the Pinnacle station is corrupted. After the game is released could EA\ Bio ware recreate the DLC. could we have a survey if the fans want this I would be willing to pay for this DLC as an extra. Just wanted to put this out there.

Thanks for the Remaster been waiting for years

Message 1 of 22 (3,472 Views)

Honestly, there should be no need to "recreate" it as it should be on a computer somewhere in the world that they could copy....heck, I have a copy on my computer.  But for whatever reason they don't have a "master" copy or something and it can't work.....

I personally think there is more to the story than they are letting on, but I will not miss it as to me it was kinda boring and not up to anywhere near the Bring down the Sky dlc.

So for me, if it ever shows up cool beans, if it never shows up cool beans...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 22 (3,436 Views)

★ Guide

@mcsupersport they had the same problem with the heroes of might and magic 3 remaster. Apparantly the original source code of the dlc was corrupt so they released an incomplete game and a lot of people didn't buy it because the dlc had most of the improvements and best features. 

Mass effect of course shouldnt be harmed too much as the pinnacle station dlc wasnt that great, it was basically a singleplayer version of the ME3 multiplayer if I remember correctly. While I am perfectly fine with the developers not releasing the dlc I would buy it if they did decide to spend 6 months post launch making it (and hopefully improving on the original). Have to admit though, I find it very, very hard to believe they will spend 6 months on this single dlc that wasn't a big story or gameplay improvement. It's like a minigame, it's a lot to invest. 

Message 3 of 22 (3,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Think of code as a cake

You have the source code (ingredients) and you need to compile it (cook it) into a app/game/dlc (its cooked into a cake). You can't reverse it. You and I don't have the source code, only the compiled DLC - thus they cant remaster it. The source code was lost

Message 4 of 22 (3,423 Views)

Hero

While it's a shame Pinnacle Station's source code went missing, I don't think they'll spend resources into remaking it since Mass Effect 3 had a far superior version to Pinnacle Station in the form of the Armax arena (Citadel DLC). ME3 also has a better combat system, which makes it a better fit for a combat based minigame.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 22 (3,371 Views)

@Fred_vdp wrote:

While it's a shame Pinnacle Station's source code went missing, I don't think they'll spend resources into remaking it since Mass Effect 3 had a far superior version to Pinnacle Station in the form of the Armax arena (Citadel DLC). ME3 also has a better combat system, which makes it a better fit for a combat based minigame.

Exactly this.

Citadel DLC essentially replaced it with a better apartment and a better simulator.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 22 (3,365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's the only DLC I have not spent any time playing. I went there, discovered that it's not a story, just practice rooms and never went back again, so for me that DLC is no loss.

Actually it's even better as I am a comlitionist and that was always the one quest I left unfinished and I would not have to now)

Message 7 of 22 (3,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@delena665In My opinion Pinnacle Starion is fantastic. And can be a bit challenging on higher levels and when first starting out as a new game with a low level character. I found out that it can make it much easier if you wait until like at least level 50 and have the whole team equipped with Spectre Weapons or Pulse Rifles which makes it somewhat easier

Message 8 of 22 (3,192 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Darthvader99076 wrote:

@delena665In My opinion Pinnacle Starion is fantastic. And can be a bit challenging on higher levels and when first starting out as a new game with a low level character. I found out that it can make it much easier if you wait until like at least level 50 and have the whole team equipped with Spectre Weapons or Pulse Rifles which makes it somewhat easier

It's not a matter of being too challenging, it's a matter of being interesting which it is not (for me that is). Shooting for the sake of shooting is not my speed, I would like to have at least a little bit of story on the other side of enemies so practice rooms of Pinnacle Station hold absolutely no interest for me and never will.

Message 9 of 22 (3,170 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Harrison7830 The lack of Pinnacle station is the single major item in the CON column as to whether I will purchase Legenday or not.
Message 10 of 22 (3,120 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help