a moment ago Please tell me why on the main page of Mass Effect LE on the compa

by Omnius2000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

a moment ago Please tell me why on the main page of Mass Effect LE on the compa

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please tell me why on the main page of Mass Effect LE on the comparison screen of the Original and Legendary versions, the graphics are better on the Original version? 

Message 1 of 2 (857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: a moment ago Please tell me why on the main page of Mass Effect LE on the co

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Omnius2000Finally a problem I think I can answer. The cloudy stuff you circled to me looks like steam or mist. The planet has a lot of water and nature so im assuming it's a warm and humid environment right? so there would be a lot of water in the air and when the light shines through the gaps in the trees it can reflect weirdly off the mist or whatever that is in the air. Basically, it's an effect to simulate a real environment I can definitely see it being annoying in combat though if youre trying to shoot someone behind that misty effect and the light makes it hard to see them.
I think you also put a ? over the water near the shore, yeah it looks weird, almost like foam after a wave which is kind of weird considering there arent any waves there. I guess they cant put mostly still water that ripples when you run in it so the wavey effect might just be the next best thing?'

Also I want to point out that the original graphics were designed in a lower res so they look closer to their original statein these small clips and images we are getting. The newer graphics which are apparantly higher res (im not good enough to see it) will most likely look better on a computer or tv screen when it is full screen in game and not compressed into a little box on a website.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (835 Views)

All Replies

Re: a moment ago Please tell me why on the main page of Mass Effect LE on the co

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Omnius2000Finally a problem I think I can answer. The cloudy stuff you circled to me looks like steam or mist. The planet has a lot of water and nature so im assuming it's a warm and humid environment right? so there would be a lot of water in the air and when the light shines through the gaps in the trees it can reflect weirdly off the mist or whatever that is in the air. Basically, it's an effect to simulate a real environment I can definitely see it being annoying in combat though if youre trying to shoot someone behind that misty effect and the light makes it hard to see them.
I think you also put a ? over the water near the shore, yeah it looks weird, almost like foam after a wave which is kind of weird considering there arent any waves there. I guess they cant put mostly still water that ripples when you run in it so the wavey effect might just be the next best thing?'

Also I want to point out that the original graphics were designed in a lower res so they look closer to their original statein these small clips and images we are getting. The newer graphics which are apparantly higher res (im not good enough to see it) will most likely look better on a computer or tv screen when it is full screen in game and not compressed into a little box on a website.

Message 2 of 2 (836 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help