Unable to select 4K resolution

by mtbanger

Original Post

Unable to select 4K resolution

★ Novice

Wierd bug immediately when I started the game. My monitor is 4k HDR, and when I launch the game it defaults to 2560x1440.

If I change the resolution to the monitor supported 3840x2160 the game give the confirmation that setting have changed, would I like to save changes? But actually nothing has happened.

I can drop the resolution below 2560x1440, but cannot change aspect ratio (not that I'd want to.)

Issue persists in fullscreen, boarderless and windowed modes.

Pls halp! 

Message 1 of 12 (11,031 Views)

Re: Unable to select 4K resolution

★★★ Novice

Had the same issue in full screen. I set it to windowed mode, played around with the resolution there, than went back to full screen, after that i could change the resolution

Message 2 of 12 (11,001 Views)

★★ Novice
@mtbanger I am trying set to 3840x2160, and game still in 1920x1080.... Lover resolution than 1920x1080 is set up ok, higher nothing... Bioware, what is this ??
Message 3 of 12 (10,999 Views)

★ Novice
@DrFab1 This 'worked' for me, but I'm not entirely confident that it's the solution haha. I wonder what the actual cause is?
Message 4 of 12 (10,957 Views)

★ Apprentice
@mtbanger I had this issue with mass effect 2. It wouldn't change the resolution from 720p to anything else until I edited it in the games configuration file.
Message 5 of 12 (10,954 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue. I got mine to work by changing the resolutionin the settings clicking yes to the changes (nothing happened) then quiting the game and restarting.

Message 6 of 12 (10,951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@alexgrbell Tried this on my 4K TV and it doesn't work for me.

Still stuck at 720P on my 4K TV no matter what I do.

I've tried restarting the computer, changing Windows' resolution, re-installing my NVIDIA driver.

I really wish the devs re-implemented good old fashioned .INI files where I could just force this and it would just work.
Message 7 of 12 (10,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The problem I'm having is I can't get 4K DSR to work (1080p monitor). When I select 3840x2160 and click "yes" to keep changes then go back into graphics options, it has reverted to 1920x1080. 

For a 60 USD remaster that has advertised "remastered for 4K Ultra HD", you would really really REALLY hope it supports the most basic of functionality that is simply complying with Nvidia DSR to allow 4K resolution since the game doesn't have its own internal resolution scale option.

EDIT: I did get 4K to work by first changing my Windows desktop resolution to 3840x2160 first before launching the game then changing the game to 3840x2160. Annoying solution but it at least works.

Message 8 of 12 (10,918 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@nmck16 Found a quick fix:

Navigate to the Game's installation folder:

Ex. "Z:\Games\Origin\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME1"

Go into "BioGame\Config" and open up GamerSettings.ini

Edit the "ResX" and "ResY" lines to reflect your resolution.

Ex. ResY = 2160 , ResX = 3840

Hope that helps; we shouldn't have to go digging for INI files to edit for this to work. And they should be in the "My Documents" folder by default, not the game's installation folder.
Message 9 of 12 (10,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's not properly working with AMD VSR, I have a native 1080p monitor, but I can't seem to select higher resolutions, everytime I tried to select them, it just switches back to 1080p

But modifying .ini file did the trick, thanks!

Message 10 of 12 (10,801 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help