Unable to order Legendary Edition on Origin

by perji

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to order Legendary Edition on Origin

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried pre-ordering the game 3 times already. The order goes through, but it gets stuck in Processing

The game is never added to my Library.

No money is taken out of my card account, even though all the card details are fine (obviously). And no transaction shows up in my account history.

I've tried calling my bank, they said they can't do anything about it. The transaction shows up but EA isn't drawing any money.

I've tried contacting EA support but they never understood the problem and started telling me to clear Origin cache (???) and reboot my computer (????)

Is this like, some sort of VERY ODD intended behaviour, like the money being taken on may the 14th when the game releases?

Should I just order the thing on Steam? Steam has no payment issues. Ever.

Message 1 of 3 (1,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to order Legendary Edition on Origin

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @perji ,

Thank you for reaching out. It's definitely a good question and I hope I can give some clarity on the matter as we are all super excited about the Legendary edition and can't wait to play either!

So pre-orders, depending on payment method used, are either taken right away (like for example mobile payment providers) or up to 7 days before the release of the game (for Paypal and creditcards). This means that if you made this payment with either a credit card or Paypal it should indeed be on processing till we get closer to release and then taken and completing.

More info about this can be read on: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/pre-ordering-games-on-origin/

I hope this helps and grants some insight and rest of the mind Standard smile

- EA_Neil

Neil.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (954 Views)

All Replies

IIRC, most times on Origin, it will do a dollar transaction to verify the account is valid and then wait until close to or on release date to remove the money from your account.  I will see if I can get an EA rep to verify this, but this is how I remember my pre-orders going on Origin.  The idea I think is to not have a bunch of money on hold, in case of delay or an easier cancel system as no money has changed hands up until release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (972 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @perji ,

Thank you for reaching out. It's definitely a good question and I hope I can give some clarity on the matter as we are all super excited about the Legendary edition and can't wait to play either!

So pre-orders, depending on payment method used, are either taken right away (like for example mobile payment providers) or up to 7 days before the release of the game (for Paypal and creditcards). This means that if you made this payment with either a credit card or Paypal it should indeed be on processing till we get closer to release and then taken and completing.

More info about this can be read on: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/pre-ordering-games-on-origin/

I hope this helps and grants some insight and rest of the mind Standard smile

- EA_Neil

Neil.png
Message 3 of 3 (955 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help