Re: Remaster vs. Original Trilogy and Hard Drives

by Allison_X5-734

Original Post

Remaster vs. Original Trilogy and Hard Drives

★★ Novice

If you already have the Mass Effect trilogy with mods installed, should you put the remaster on another hard drive?  Would it be wise to just put the remastered version on a different hard drive, period?

Message 1 of 5 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Since there is no official support for third party mods in the original or new version of the game, I think thet question will be more suitable for the awesome modding community to answer. Best bet is to wait for the game to release and then see what works for you. The mods will most definetly not work on the remaster without some changes made by the modders.

Message 2 of 5 (741 Views)

Hero

We'll have to wait and see, but it's pomising that the developers are talking to modders.

"We’ve have been in touch with a few in the modding community to learn how best to a) update everyone on changes that will impact existing mods, and b) set the modding community up for success going forward. It’s ongoing, and we’ll discuss in more detail by launch."

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/status/1357142809980010497

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (737 Views)

By what I have heard, the game will be a NEW install, having nothing to do with the old game and launchers.  So if this is actually true, then it should cause zero problems with any mods on standard editions.....but in practice, we will all have to wait and see how it plays out after launch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5 (707 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Every remaster I know has been a separate install so it should be fine.

Message 5 of 5 (694 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help