Re: Quick Keys & Vanguard Abilities

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Quick Keys & Vanguard Abilities

★ Novice

I'm playing Mass Effect (Legendary Edition) and I don't seem to be able to use any of Shepard's Biotic abilities (I'm playing as a Vanguard).  I also can't figure out how to put anything on the 'Quick Keys.'  One article online said that holding the space bar until options appear would let me do it, but nothing seems to come up no matter how long I hold it down.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I don't seem to be having any luck navigating your support section.  

Message 1 of 4 (509 Views)

Hero

@MardukBathory wrote:

One article online said that holding the space bar until options appear would let me do it, but nothing seems to come up no matter how long I hold it down.

The article was probably about the original version of Mass Effect 1. They changed the default key bindings in the legendary edition to resemble Mass Effect 2 and 3. Instead of space bar, you have to hold shift.

When you hold shift, your abilities should be at the bottom of the screen. You can drag those into the quick bar at the top.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (461 Views)

★ Novice
@Fred_vdp I guess you don't always realise you're lacking context until after the fact, I'm sorry.

I never played any of the original games before Legendary, other than a quick play a couple of years ago. This is my first time playing any of the Mass Effect games properly at all..

I have been holding shift but I can't access any of my Shepard's powers that way, and even though the Quick Keys come more into focus, I can't seem to do anything with them at all.
Message 3 of 4 (440 Views)

★ Novice

Even when I look through the KeyBindings i can't see any of the talents I should have gained through my talent points.

Message 4 of 4 (436 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help