Purchased through Steam, game not appearing in EA Library

by Aerisian

Original Post

Purchased through Steam, game not appearing in EA Library

★★★★ Novice

I purchased Legendary Edition. My Steam account is linked with this EA Account but when I launch the game the EA App pops up and shows what's in the picture. It says I don't have access to the game.

EA Support told me to try a Clean Boot, and a Cache Clear. Neither worked. Then sent me to Steam support.

I'm still waiting on Steam support to get back to me.

I have Titanfall 2, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order that were purchased through Steam as well, and both of those games work just fine when launching from Steam.

Basically, for some reason EA and Steam are not communicating when it comes to this purchase. I don't really want to try any others.

Thank you for any help you all may have.

Message 1 of 10 (8,121 Views)

Re: Purchased through Steam, game not appearing in EA Library

@Aerisian 

Can you try to download the Steam version of another game, for example Apex Legends as it is free, to see if that will have any effect?

You can just start downloading, then cancel it and check.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 10 (8,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have started the download for Apex Legends through Steam, and it has not appeared in my EA Library yet. I'll see if maybe letting it finish does anything.

Message 3 of 10 (8,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I installed it. And this one actually launches through Steam just fine. But I'm wondering if that's because it didn't need to go through the EA App.

It did not appear in my EA Account.

Message 4 of 10 (8,048 Views)

@Aerisian 

Did you tested MELE after installing Apex?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 10 (8,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

After I switched from Origin to EA app I had similiar situation I could not see my games in my collection, only thing that helped me was signing out multiple times from EA app and logging back till my games finally showed up in library. But my EA acc is not yet linked with my Steam acc so I have no idea if this can help you. Salute.

Edit if you continue to have this problem you can always contact Steam support few people actually refunded EA games and situation was same as yours.

After that you can buy MELE on EA app.

Message 6 of 10 (7,998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did try, it still isn't appearing.

I don't think the issue is specific to this game. Because Apex didn't appear in my EA App either.

Basically, at some point between my purchase of Titanfall 2 in late 2021 and now, my Steam account stopped communicating with my EA Account, despite being linked. I don't know what happened, or why, but new games I buy through Steam do not show up and are unplayable since it says my account does not own them.

Message 7 of 10 (7,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can easily do that, for sure. But the point is more why is it happening, and how can I get it fixed? I like having my entire library of games all together.

Steam support stopped responding to me, my ticket is open, but I haven't received a response in 2 days.

I'm considering doing a full factory reset of my computer just to make absolutely certain that nothing in my computer is causing this issue to occur.

Message 8 of 10 (7,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Aerisian Hey there, I'd hold off on taking that step and I suspect it wouldn't help anyway.

We do have an investigation on this, with an info thread here to gather some specifics from affected folks: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/quot-You-Don-t-Have-Access-quot-error-in-EA-a...

Can you run the EA app error reporter, grab the code, and add the following info to the thread.

Error ID:
Game(s):
Date/time:
Launcher:

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (7,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Answer I got from my source.

EA Desktop transition hasn't done on Steam, only for GamePass.

Try to do this.

Uninstall EA app.

Install Origin. hope this can help.

Edit if Origin is still available.

Problem is related to EA app and Steam communication with a same.

Hope EA can resolve this for you. Salute.

Message 10 of 10 (7,936 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help