Re: [PC] Possible workarounds for Mass Effect Legendary Edition launch problems.

by Cartephylus

Original Post

Re: [PC] Possible workarounds for Mass Effect Legendary Edition launch problems.

★★ Novice

I tried the alternate launcher, And it worked perfectly. Although I only got to use it for one day, And then they released the fix "Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher".  Oh well.  Another two hour download.  The reason I used it is because I have the Xeon X5660 processor. And it does not support avx.  Don't get me wrong I love the price of the Xeon processors.  but sometimes you get left hanging when it comes to games.  In this case, It was a mistake made by the launcher devs that made it require avx, When the game does not.  But I appreciate the alternate launcher in the mean time.

Message 311 of 449 (1,944 Views)

Re: Posible workarounds for Mass Effect Legendary Edition launch problems.

★★★★ Novice

@holger1405 wrote:

@1m4n00b2221 

What is the exact error message you get?

"We've noticed your computer is currently offline.  To activate your game on this computer using your EA account, you'll need to connect to the Internet."

I'm fully connected to the Internet, logged into Steam and Origin.  I just updated the game with the June Update, and I get the same error message.

Message 312 of 449 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sigh... yet another broken UBI  title.

Please, nobody bore me with the silly 'solutions'... ie 'Up load your DXDiag' is one of my favorite trolls support uses. I've literally hundreds of games across every service including GOG.

This one alone blows up on the launcher back to the launch screen. Division 2, Destiny 2 MSFS 2020 I run flawlessly hours on end and they are known for exposing instability.

EDIT

This is what worked for me. I had been trying to launch using the EA BETA launcher.  I decided to download and install the Origin client. This would be a new Origin Client install on this Windows install.  Earlier today, MELE updated with today's update when I launched the BETA EA client.  After trying several of the usual suspects for fixes...

I installed the Origin client. It downloaded another 7 GB update. Once that was done, launched it and it now runs fine, or at least ME1 launched without issue. It also now works correctly in the EA BETA client. I've no idea why it worked. I suspect missing files or files not registered correctly in the registry. I can only relate the simple procedure that worked for me. If you're already using the Origin client and still no joy.  I'd reinstall if you've been trying to launch from the EA BETA. That's what I have.

Message 313 of 449 (1,869 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi all, I had a general Sophos related error in that ME LE launcher at large would not start. This was solved by resetting one property in Sophos. However, and this is the reason that I write, reexperienced problems Sophos related when starting ME2 LE , I got a blocking error 'unable to load dbdata.dll' which was not fixable by repairing. I tried repairing three times. The last time, I completely unabled Sophos Home Premium and repaired : the game played again ME2 LE started and ran. 

Thank you everyone for your efforts! Enjoy playing Gerard van der Kooij

Message 314 of 449 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]

@1m4n00b2221 

Do you use a Proxy or a VPN?

If you are not sure:

• Right click "Start" > Choose "Windows Power Shell (Administrator).
  • Copy and paste: netsh winhttp show proxy into the Power Shell window > Press ENTER.
  • You should get a return of: "DirectAccses (No Proxyserver).

If there is a Proxy deactivate it.

If that don't helps try this in order:

Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Reset the Windows Host File

Flush DNS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 315 of 449 (1,780 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GerardKooij I also have Sophos and I'm starting to suspect its blocking my game, is there any specific setting you stopped to get the game to work?
Message 316 of 449 (1,738 Views)

★★ Novice

hello, first of all thanks for all the help you've given out

i've tried every step in the op as well as quite a few found through out 

My launcher won't start but every once in a while i get the launcher video but that's the farthest i've been able to get 

here are my dxdiag and crashdump logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vul7lppov4axqp/CrashDumps.zip?dl=0

thanks for the assistance

Message 317 of 449 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ALTBOULI313  indeed, it is on the forum here. I have made a screenshot of it, it is kind of hard to find. This is for the general MELE launcher (so no image at all....). 

For the MELE 2 error I disabled the full Sophos to get the result of foregoing the blocking error 'unable to load dbdata.dll'.

So for the lanncher at large you should be ok with just the setting "prevent code cave utilization" as you can observe in the third screen shot (zoom in to the document with + in pdf).

It would seem that disabling Sophos altogether to repair the game files to forego the Mele 2 error should be enough. playing could be with sophos enabled, haven't tested this yet. Succes, Gerard

Message 318 of 449 (1,698 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GerardKooij Thank you 👍 I will try this after work, hopefully it works for me as well
Message 319 of 449 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 320 of 449 (1,632 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help