Re: Posible workarounds for Mass Effect Legendary Edition launch problems.

by B-02_Alyx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@holger1405Yea that's also what I thought. The majority of games will run on the *cough* superior Win7 OS with the exception of things like VR. I'm just hearing conflicting information. Regardless the fact that the game launching like this is abhorrent.

I'll get the "There was a problem with your game setup and you need to re-install" error message. 

Message 11 of 449 (19,948 Views)

★★ Novice
@holger1405 using "Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" worked, Goddess bless your soul!

But I already had to create a whole new empty user to launch the game, though. Still don't understand why could it be, my username is just five letters of English alphabet... Maybe because of the "full name", which has a space in it, but I just cannot change it in any way, because it goes back to Microsoft account name (with a space) immediately after that. But it doesn't matter now anyways, so I hope I can safely delete that new user after copying save files. Thank you again.
Message 12 of 449 (19,916 Views)

★ Novice

It was the Unicode UTF-8 for me, thank you. 

Message 13 of 449 (19,857 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Can anyone confirm they got this to work on windows 7? I used the live chat with EA support and they told me that Win10 was a req. I might have to just refund the game.

Message 14 of 449 (19,821 Views)

★ Novice

Another possible fix is to disable the Nahimic service that gets installed with Realtek audio drivers for some people (myself included).  It seems to have been the cause for the launcher to open properly but crash every time a game is launched.

Message 15 of 449 (19,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

All of these potential "fixes" are absolutely ludicrous for a AAA game company releasing games that (tho updated) are still 5-10 years old...games that use to run fine on every platform. So disappointing.

Message 16 of 449 (19,777 Views)

@naticus105  @mcsupersport 

Added. Standard smile

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 17 of 449 (19,761 Views)

@Thradar 

New technical improvements, new problems.

I understand the frustration, I however see the whole thing a bit differently.

The AVX problem is not Bioware's fault, there are clear minimum system requirements for the game, and any processor that has this problem is significantly older than the required CPUs.
Overprotective virus scanners or not configuring the "Controlled Folder Access" properly is also not Bioware's responsibility.

That leaves the regional problem, and that is indeed Bioware's fault, but there are such bugs in every game, from every manufacturer, always.

There will never be a computer game without bugs, simply impossible with all the different system configurations out there.
Imho, this is just a normal launch.

And from the little I could see by now, because I spend too much time on this board it seems, 😉 the MELE is absolutely worth it. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 449 (19,748 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've tried everything that it's in this post, and It didn't work and i don't know why. Anyone know something? 

Message 19 of 449 (19,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello fellow Mass Effect fans,

Typed Windows Security>Ransomware Protection>Controlled File Protection.

I had make sure Origin client and MELE were in Allow List. Exited Origin Client; restarted Origin Client.
ME Launcher menu with all 3 games is now working!

Sbfly

Message 20 of 449 (19,571 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help