Re: Over 18GB patch with no patch notes or any mention anywhere on Origin or web

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Re: Over 18GB patch with no patch notes or any mention anywhere on Origin or web

★ Guide
@EA_Mako

Thanks
Message 11 of 26 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the fast response!

Message 12 of 26 (744 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Mako.

Message 13 of 26 (712 Views)

Community Manager
Message 14 of 26 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

"Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing"

I really don't like this kind of patch notes. This gives no real information.

For example: ME2 (PC) basically dies if you click on the quickbar, and this is a known issue since the original. Is this fixed in these "minor calibrations and fixes"...? Because right now it looks like that irrelevant fog effects and red eyes took priority to game crashes.

Or on the topic of achievements: a complete list of affected and now-fixed achievements would have been appreciated.

Also, the credit carryover should have been slightly more, since this change just re-introduces the problem of not being able to buy all upgrades during the first playthrough. I agree that it had to be changed since credits had no meaning in the launch state, but I'd have still slightly topped the original carryover rates.

Edit: That being said, I do appreciate that BW keeps working on MELE, even if it's "just" a remaster.

Message 15 of 26 (626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you sure the 100k import from ME1 isn't enough to buy everything in ME2 in one playthrough?

Message 16 of 26 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@woosiest

I know that you have to play it tight with planet scanning for example. Especially if you are new to the game and the scanning system, you might end up burning a lot of credits on fuel and probes, while you'll never use that many mineral resources.

I don't have exact statistics on required credits / maximum credits earned, but I do remember being short on money throughout the game, and even failing to get some 75k upgrades on a completionist playthrough.

So you might be able to get everything, but it is really easy to fail.

Edit:

With all downloadable content installed and completed, coupled with level 60 import bonuses and the bonuses from previously completing a Mass Effect 2 playthrough, it is possible to purchase everything in the game including the cabin accessories such as model ships and fish.

This is what I've found on ME Wiki. So yea, pretty damn strict circumstances.

Message 17 of 26 (553 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ediskrad327 Achievements aren't unlocking after loading save, so I guess the only "fix" is replaying the game and unlocking them again. Not happening.

Too far past that point, entirely disappointing.
Message 18 of 26 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This patch has broken me3 I'm roughly halfway through the story and have just lost my characters levels and the character has been reset to default Shephard rather then my created character @EA_Mako 

Message 19 of 26 (507 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Patch is not 18GB+, It verify the existing install when it starts. After the verify, the actual download is only 5.85GB, not surprised as those cut scenes fix can be quite large.

Message 20 of 26 (506 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help