Re: Next planned patch ME:LE?

by draconiam

Original Post

Re: New patch?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Mrgaby95 I’ve actually seen more nVidia users with issues, but that could be just the topics I happen to click on. On the topic at hand though, no, there has not been an official announcement, and I doubt there will be until it actually drops. Announcing a patch beforehand puts pressure on the devs and could turn this board into a cacophony of “make sure my bug is fixed!”. I’m hopeful for one in the coming weeks. Until then, I’m playing other games :D
Message 131 of 312 (618 Views)

★ Guide
@PakunaMatata I myself heave finished the trilogy 100% with all achievements and everything possible, i will return to replay just for fun in the future.

Message 132 of 312 (598 Views)

★ Pro
@holger1405 Hello and sorry for not answering or the comment, I was just trying to say that while we thank your tone designed to calm us down (which we need) Bioware has been ignoring a lot of these issues for a long time.
Message 133 of 312 (555 Views)

★★ Guide

Its an ultra vague "I dont know" which means they dont tell you anything either. Whoever is in charge seems like a real "Not nice person" 

Message 134 of 312 (488 Views)

@draconiam 

I said it before, this is not a Bioware forum, it is a player help players board that is founded and financed by EA.

Bioware is not posting here and all what the EA CMs can do is to report issues.

They only can post info here if Bioware is giving them info and they have no authority to demand it from the Studio.

I play Bioware games since over 20 years, and I love most of them, but they always had technical flaws.

On the one hand, this is not surprising, massive role playing games are a very complicated matter, (There is a reason Bethesda as a certain reputation as well.) and on the other hand there are technical or financial reasons that some bugs never get fixed.

That is how it is and this will probably not change in the future. If you can't live with a few relativity minor bugs, don't buy a Bioware game or a game from [Insert a major developer here] for that matter, because you will never get a AAA game without bugs, and some of them will never get fixed. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 135 of 312 (465 Views)

★ Pro
@holger1405 Well the Dead Space team mananged to get the first game out early because they managed to stamp basically all games, man is that first Dead Space game a solid entry.
Message 136 of 312 (459 Views)

@draconiam 

Well, I saw bugs in Dead Space, (You can google for them Wink ) not to mention that a linear shooter is completely different to a RPG.

My point above stands, and it is all I have to say about the matter.
I don't know if Bioware is planing another patch or not, and no one else at this board knows that either.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 137 of 312 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@holger1405I don't see why is a problem we report bugs here and discuss about. This is the only place where we can report bugs and there's a little chance for that it will be monitored by someone, who can contact BioWare about it.

Even EA Help's bug report page leads only here, so I hope it's not a problem, if we discuss about a full priced product's issues here... in the only place, where we can. Thank You!

Yes, every large game is buggy. But this three game is not new. And yeah, remastering is sometimes not less difficult, than a completely new game project (missing source code/assets, old dev tools, bad documentation of the project).

But LE is not in a good a state. ME1:LE is a great remastered, good quality work with much care, even if someone do not like some of the changes. But ME2-3:LE is a different case: I reported quite a lot visual glitches which is damaged the game's original cinematic nature in few cases. I also reported one major gameplay bug, which can ruin the overall combat expereince for some of the players.

So, no, I don't think these are just a few little bugs what can be ignored, so I hope we can speak about them on a forum like this. Or this is a place just problems like "- The game does not start. - Try to repair it in the Origin"? I hope not.

You can defend LE, but I hope everyone else can have their say and express their disappointment/satisfaction about a full priced product and on the developers attitudes to the community.

Message 138 of 312 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ri-Go_HUN7 

Ri-Go_HUN7 wrote:

I don't see why is a problem we report bugs here and discuss about.

There is no problem and you of course you have every right to do that.

Ri-Go_HUN7 wrote:

You can defend LE, but I hope everyone else can have their say and express their disappointment/satisfaction about a full priced product and on the developers attitudes to the community.

I don't defend the the LE, I just state facts about this board, what it is, and what it not is.

I do think some of this bug reports have a unnecessary harsh tone and show a certain degree of disrespect against the very people that made this game possible in the first place, and against the CMs of this board that have nothing to do with any problem this game might have, but hey this is the internet, so no surprise there.

So, as said, as long as you follow the board rules you can of course post any problem you see with the MELE on this board, it is made for that.

Edit: Typo.

Message 139 of 312 (394 Views)

★ Pro
@Ri-Go_HUN7 Not to mention that this would have been a golden opportunity to restore bugged conversations, which are already fully voiced, in the game files. The link I placed a few days ago is from the original ME3 AnswersHQ in 2012/13 detailing various conversations fans found of Ashley Williams, one talking to Liara and Glyph over the Normandy intercom and other extended conversations (they were either animated or not fully animated but because of the rush for the original launch Bioware ignored them) with that being summarized, I think it's safe to suspect that the complaint about Ashley not having conversations with the Normandy crew and barely moving from the deck is that the files are there BUT Bioware didn't properly placed propper triggers. She and Tali have a wonderful discussion if both of them were in the Turian Bomb mission and I'll see what happens if I take them both on the Turian Crash mission after I complete Rannoch:
https://youtu.be/ZCUk54bHhkk
Message 140 of 312 (393 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help