My squad mates die even though they are all loyal

by reidrobot

Original Post

Re: My squad mates die even though they are all loyal

@reidrobot 

Did you tried to repair the game?

(Origin > Game Library > right click MELE > Repair)
(Steam > Game Library > right click at MELE > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 31 of 45 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@reidrobotseems very odd to me. I just ran through it on a character and everyone survived like normal. Just out of curiosity, did you upgrade every single squad member, even the powers/weapons including legion's?

Also, in the cutscene where you talk with those holding the line, one on your side will get shot and go down regardless, but they actually survive. I saw you mention someone dying on 'hold the line', but in your orignal comment you say it happen after the reaper fight. Just thought I'd mention the 'hold the line' bit

Message 32 of 45 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ironbeak95 wrote:

did you upgrade every single squad member, even the powers/weapons including legion's?

This does not affect survival rate. You also previously mentioned the difficulty setting, which also doesn't affect it.

The flow chart contains all the relevant variables. If someone dies despite following the guide, then there has to be a bug or something was overlooked.

Edit: I previously credited Pacifien for the flow chart. I believe she figured out the logic of the suicide mission, but there were other contributors as well. I don't know who exactly, and with the closure of the old forum, it's harder to figure that out.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 33 of 45 (1,211 Views)

@Fred_vdp 

This chart is the best help for the ME2 endgame. Thumbs up

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 34 of 45 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Where's the chart (Iink, etc)?

Message 35 of 45 (1,185 Views)

@Tommy6860 

In @Fred_vdp post directly over my last post.

Message 36 of 45 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The link @Fred_vdp posted where he linked it to Pacifen's Flow Chart is awesome! 

Try this; I read where you tried using a save game editor to see the flags for loyalty and you stated they all were loyal. You stated you chose the proper squadmates for their specific roles where everyone *is supposed* to survive until the end. Just go through the scene after the SM with the Illusive Man and the actual ending where you stop the credit roll and go back to continue the game (not Main Menu) & make a another save (don't overwrite previous savs).

Now open it in the save game editor & load the newest save after the suicide mission and look at the flags. All are still loyal excopt the dead one? Did you follow the flow chart?

If one is dead, then make a copy of the last auto-save in the suicide mission. This save is made when the human reaper battle happens. If you don't have it, then you have go there again to have the game re-create it. Take that copy and open it in the SGE and look at those flags again. If one is not loyal, you could change it. If you're trying for the achievment, that may work (I really don't know, just thinking here). If you're trying to carry-over everyone into ME3, just take the after game save, change everyone to having made it through the SM and use that to import it into ME3.

Message 37 of 45 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you everyone for your time and effort in trying to help me in this. I finally did it, Legion looked like he died but actually didn't. I changed some values in the save file with the editor, but I'm not sure if this worked or if I was being a fool the other times when I rage-quitted.

Things I have learned:

• If in doubt check your save file with the save game editor and compare against a previous playthrough (if you have one)
  • Do an idiot check to make sure you're not being an idiot
Message 38 of 45 (7,588 Views)

@reidrobot 

You're welcome!

And yeah, they look pretty dead at first glance... Wink

Message 39 of 45 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Schachmatt123 perfect, thank you!
Message 40 of 45 (975 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help