Mass effect legendary paramour 2 achievement

by mattcowley88

Original Post

Re: Mass effect legendary paramour 2 achievement

★★ Apprentice

So I just finished ME2 and I got the Insanity II achievement.

I didn't however get Paramour II.  So perhaps hooking up with Liara again during Shadow Broker questline doesn't count?  I'm starting to think that you actually have to start a new romance to get this one. Seeing as your only option to possibly rekindle is Liara, is perhaps the achievement simply worded badly?

Message 11 of 31 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Not working for me either. I romanced Liara in 1 and Miranda in 2 and it's not popping. If I reload my save and go look at captain quarters trophies it shows credit for paramour 1 but not 2. I already have paramour 1 from ME1.

Message 12 of 31 (1,159 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you know if it will reto activate after the patch if we keep playing through the story or if we'll have to play the whole game over again.   

Message 13 of 31 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to know this too. Was trying to go for a full trophy run and this not unlocking is a real bummer...

If Insanity 2 also doesn't unlock and I have to redo it.... 🙄

Message 14 of 31 (1,100 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks like I'm going to have to redo ME2 and get this achievement sounds like 🤦🏾‍♀️. 

Message 15 of 31 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Liara never gave the achievements in the original ME2 so can't really say if it's a bug or intentional on MELE. Though seeing how other romances that SHOULD give the achievement still don't give the achievement...

Anyway, there's a small workaround. If you still have a save with your ME1 romance just before ilos you can load that and when the romance scene finishes it will unlock Paramour II (and Paramour III if you do it again). While the in game tracker will still show the achievements as locked in the extras menu, you will have the achievement and the gamerscore on your gamertag so hope this helps.

Message 16 of 31 (1,026 Views)

@EA_Mako copied FYI.

I have a possible theory.

I noticed that the 'counter' in the 'kill 2,000 enemies' achievement had reset in Mass Effect 2.

* I'd done the 'kill 1,000, but the the kill 2,000 was back to 400.
* 'Bruiser' which had been on 2 was back to 0.

I had popped into another career I made on casual to build up my 'Bruiser' score - doing that in 'insanity' is ridiculous.

I'm wondering if changing career or changing career and difficulty (even momentarily, even if not interfering with the insanity save) actually breaks the 'keep going until it's done' across playthroughs achievements, or 'don't change the difficulty' achievements?

Are those people who have experienced these issues also people who changed their career and/or difficulty at any point?

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 31 (1,000 Views)

★ Novice

I romanced Tali and didn’t get it. Went back and tried it 2 more times and still nothing

Message 18 of 31 (920 Views)

★★ Novice

Just finished ME3, got the achievement for completing all games with the same character, but didn't get Paramour III or Insanity III, despite completing all games on Insanity and romancing Liara through the whole series. Still didn't even get Paramour II or Insanity II Frown

Oh, and ME1 had a bug where I got frozen in place unable to move apart from turning in a circle, ME2 had a bug where after leaving cover my character would always face in one direction though the reticule would move, and ME3 crashed / hung a couple of times, none of which I remember from the originals.

So the main new achievements don't actually always work, the old glitches (Lorik Qu'in, space monkeys etc) are still present and there seem to be new gameplay bugs. Not to mention that if I plug in my Kinect the launcher won't actually work at all. All after having to download nearly 100Gb of 'new' code / day 1 patches, despite buying the bleeping disc(s). What exactly is disc 2 for, having never had to actually use it?

Reminds me of Bethseda games - love the games, hate the software. Maybe Microsoft will buy Bioware and they'll actually release games that have been tested properly?

Patch, please.

Message 19 of 31 (889 Views)

★★ Novice

They dont unlock on ME3 either i just found that out the hard way

Message 20 of 31 (882 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help