Mass Effect Legendary Edition "Repair Files" & "Error on our end"

by c031f84db60f45dc

Original Post

Mass Effect Legendary Edition "Repair Files" & "Error on our end"

★★★ Newbie

As of 11/13 or 11/14, Mass Effect Legendary Edition fails to launch. Prior to this, the game launched without issue, and I was well into the middle of ME2.

The game was purchased through steam, so that is how I launch it, but I've also opened up the EA app and tried to launch from there.

Two EA errors pop up at the attempted launch (EA Errors, not windows): 
1: "Your Files need repairing: It seems your game files have been corrupted. Kick off a repair so you can get back to your game." with two choices REPAIR or CLOSE. Repair click doesn't seem to do anything.
2: "(Red Triangle Exclamation) Your game failed to launch: An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later." Note that I have been trying a little later for several days now.

Thus far I have done:

-A clean PC boot

-Cleared the EA app Cache

-Uninstalled the EA app
-Uninstalled both the EA app & Game (100 GB takes my shoddy internet ~1.5 days)
-Moved (Backed up and deleted connection) save files ( doubted they were the corrupted/ would stop it from loading... but nooope)
-Installed newest drivers (really thought that could be it when I noticed a new one came out around time of issue, but it seems to have had no effect).

Out of ideas.

Message 1 of 12 (3,771 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition "Repair Files" & "Error on

@c031f84db60f45dc  Please try repairing the game specifically within Steam.  Right-click on the MELE icon and select Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of the local files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (3,700 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I also have the same problem but i have already tried repairing the files over 5 times when the EA app told me that I need to repair the files. I havent been able to even load up the game. Im just confused if this is just a EA issue or its my computers issue?

Message 3 of 12 (3,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Apologies, I should have mentioned that I've done that several times already as well. Thanks for the tip

@LT_Corsa I found a workaround that worked for me, hopefully for you too. I can't say why it works...

I uninstalled the EA app (Which I'd done before). Then, opening up the game files, I tried to open up a specific title (ME2, as that is where I'd been when it worked). In the past, when EA app was installed, this wouldn't do anything. But with the EA app uninstalled, it decided to go through Origin (Which I didn't have, or it hadn't been used in years - so you may have to download it if it doesn't do that). It updated itself, I logged in using my EA credentials, and it launched from there. Something is buggy with the EA app, I dunno how/why so many launchers are needed for what amounts to an offline game...

In short: Forgo the EA app, launch specific title, let origin install/update, play game and say good riddance.

I'm curious if it works for you, so do let me know! 

Message 4 of 12 (3,662 Views)

★★ Novice

I uninstalled the app and that was a little hassle to deal with. I attempted to boot up the game within the files and what the image says is the result. You cant even download origin anymore unless you have a mac or a Phone lol. at least the game attempted to boot up.

Message 5 of 12 (3,643 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LT_Corsa 

Hier is the link to Origin.

https://www.dm.origin.com/download

Right now there are still problems with EA app and Steam. So use Origin for the time being.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 12 (3,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I solved it by going to the windows start icon. Going to the EA section and clicking on “app refresh”. That seemed to work for me. Idk

Message 7 of 12 (3,316 Views)

★ Apprentice

I Got Into Contact with ea about this they are trying to fix it rn Im having the same exact problem i had done all the fixes ppl said to do and it didnt work so im just gonna wait till its fixed

Message 8 of 12 (2,326 Views)

★ Apprentice

That origin fix no longer works for thoughs that use windows in my experience 

Message 9 of 12 (2,323 Views)

@AZuGandrewj100 

Did you already deactivated "Run as Administrator" inside "MaasEffectLauncer.exe"?

If not look at the first point in this post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 12 (2,316 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help