Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Origin does not start

by drone-ah

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Origin does not start

★★★★★ Novice

After much sorting and searching for me it was the controlled folder access just allowed it through and it all now seems to work fine 

Message 61 of 288 (3,249 Views)

★ Novice

Can you clarify?

I'm using Linux and wanted to run it, but I'm also experiencing issues.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/4823

Message 62 of 288 (3,476 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

In addition to taking note of any special characters in your Windows username, we've also seen some reports that special characters in the file path where the game is installed or where save games are stored (i.e. the Documents folder) can cause this issue as well. If you're still seeing this issue it may be worth checking whether any folder names are using special characters as well.

That's obviously not ideal long-term, but it may help some folks as a workaround for now and we've absolutely passed along those concerns.

Additionally, these steps may be an alternative or extra solution to try especially if any other languages are involved, whether that's in the game itself or just on your system.

Mako.png
Message 63 of 288 (3,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

"I found a solution that seems to work for a lot of people.
go to control panel- region- change date time or number formats- administrative- change locale- and then check the box that says
BETA: use unicode UTF 8"

It worked, finally, thank you very much

Message 64 of 288 (3,383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, does not work for me. All of the games were working fine hours ago and now i can't launch either of them. I deleted the whole Document folder of Mass Effect LE but did not help. I don't have any special characters in my  username nor in the document folder path. Hope this will get fixed soon.

Message 65 of 288 (3,382 Views)

★ Novice
@Utimer Thank you, this worked for me.
Message 66 of 288 (3,368 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MustyRusty I was wondering the same thing, had the exact same issue with cyberpunk
Message 67 of 288 (3,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@MustyRustyInteresting all of the solution have not worked for me. And I am running an i7 980x with GTX 1070 24gb ram Win10 Home and the game is ffine on my Ryzen 2700x GTX1660ti 16gb ram Windows 10 Home.

Message 68 of 288 (3,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am running an I7-960 as well (with 1060 GTX), so AVX may well be the issue.  Never had a problem with any other game before.

Spec: I7-960, 12GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, 2TB SSD with Windows 10 Pro.

Message 69 of 288 (3,190 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@NeolShendis I hope it's not AVX. I'm running an old overclocked i7 990X Extreme that's worked for me for over 10 years! 24gig RAM, GTX1660Ti, etc. Last big game I played was CP2077 and it ran the game fine (about 50 fps avg), in fact every AAA game I've thrown at it...it has run.

If it requires a CPU with AVX (but ... why?) list that in the requirements?
Message 70 of 288 (3,158 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help