Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Origin does not start

by drone-ah

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Origin does not start

★★★★★ Novice

@dvidebyzero Your hack did work for me!! I'm so happy right now Party hatLarge smile

Message 131 of 288 (1,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GGMastermind It just occurred to me that perhaps you didn't edit the first line of the script to point to the correct directory, as that could also result in what you described. I've updated the instructions in my original post to make it more clear.

Message 132 of 288 (1,807 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You're a god! Thanks so much, it works flawlessly!!!

Message 133 of 288 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Novice

Brilliant effort @dvidebyzero 

I'll wait for an official patch just in case the games use AVX, but it's fantastic to know that the games might be playable afterall. Thanks for the hard work.

Message 134 of 288 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dvidebyzero As Liara would say "Thank the goddess" And I'll add to that: Thank you and your mother <3
Message 135 of 288 (1,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the game on steam. Somehow I've managed to solve the issue by disabling the ExpressVPN service. 

Speaking of the steps you mention, unfortunately, they were not effective (or, maybe a very specific combination of these steps along with my actions somehow resolved the issue, but I'm not sure).

Anyway, a huge thank you for all your assistance. I hope that developers eventually will address the issue. 

Message 136 of 288 (1,711 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried your method, replacing the game launcher directory whith the origin one but this is what I got, I think I'll just go for the refund.

Message 137 of 288 (1,628 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@dvidebyzero thx for your advice. I tried your way, even got the custom Launcher to run, but after i want to play ME1 the same error occured like with the original launcher. i will try 1-2 more things. If this doesn't work i will wait for an official response from Bioware/EA
Message 138 of 288 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@norman_sg983 It looks like you edited the first line of the script to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\Launcher" but it should probably be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Legendary Edition". Try that. It's not the same directory where you replace the launcher EXE but two parent directories up from there. Look at the image on my original post to hopefully see what I mean.

Message 139 of 288 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide

It occurs to me that, rather than require the user to edit the first line of the script to point to their Mass Effect Legendary Edition directory, I could have just used %A_ScriptDir% in AutoHotkey to work out where the launcher EXE is and then use that to work out where the game EXEs are located. Since the launcher EXE has to be in the correct place anyway, we can get everything that is needed from that method without requiring people to edit the script themselves. No biggie but I'll leave that for somebody else to edit together if anybody wants to tackle it and then share it.  Nerd I can't really test any revisions to the script anymore unfortunately.

Message 140 of 288 (1,538 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help