Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Origin does not start

by dvidebyzero

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@GGMastermind Correct. In ME1 spanish is "ES" Work to me!! Thanks!!!
Message 181 of 288 (1,408 Views)

★ Guide

Hello everyone, thanks for all the testing and further discussion. I've updated the custom launcher to allow language selection in the GUI, and I've also removed the requirement to edit the first line of the script. Download the update here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o5xs7e5noenchg3/MassEffectLauncher-AVXBypass_v2.zip/file

I've compiled the EXE already since there should be little reason to edit the script anymore, but I've also included the script file itself if anybody wants to compile it themselves to be sure that there's no viruses or anything.

I would appreciate if people could test it and if it works I'll update my original post.

Message 182 of 288 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have installed the launcher provided by Dvidebyzero

It allows me to select ME1-3 and then attempts launch, origin then refreshes and shows I am in game, however the game is not launched

not sure where to go from here....

Message 183 of 288 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Swiggityswoootty 

Do u also use the exe? I had exactly the problem you describe. Because I clicked on "Compile script" and then he created another .ahk file for me. So I could choose ME1,2,3, but the game didnt start.

Message 184 of 288 (1,359 Views)

★ Guide

Ok I have now updated my original post with a version 2 of the custom AVX-Bypass launcher. Version 2 allows you to select the language from the custom launcher.

Message 185 of 288 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First I tried compiling the script myself, I did and put it in the file folder, replacing the existing EXE

- This did the same thing I could pick me1-3 but origin would just refresh aand say i was in game but not start

-Did the GUI compile, same thing

-Downloaded the pre compiled script, same thing

What do you mean by use the exe? I am putting the exe in the folder and clicking it to start the game, the "old" exe is on mydesktop

Not sure what im doing wrong, I also have a i7920

Message 186 of 288 (1,249 Views)

★ Guide

@Swiggityswoootty You shouldn't try to click the EXE to start the game. If you do that then the custom launcher GUI will show up, but when you click to start a Mass Effect game it probably wouldn't work properly. If the custom EXE is placed into the correct folder then you should try to start the game through your Steam or Origin like you would normally do.

But perhaps you also have another problem instead of (or in addition to) the AVX instruction support requirement. Have you tried any of the other possible solutions listed here?

Message 187 of 288 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Dvide,

Thanks for the reply, I will not click the exe then - but should I just have the new compiled exe in the folder and the old original one, somewhere else? or both present in the folder

-Launching from origin or steam, sadly same result of origin just refreshing and not launching, I have tried most of those other solutions, but I can give it a look again 

Message 188 of 288 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Swiggityswoootty It shouldn't matter where the original one is. It's just a backup so that you can restore it later if you wish.

It sounds to me like you're doing it correctly now but that the games themselves are crashing after launching. I'm not sure though, sorry. Does the custom launcher disappear and reappear after you ask it to launch a game? And how quickly does this occur?

EDIT: Perhaps it may have something to do with this also. If you have altered that at all for any of the game's EXEs (MassEffect1.exe, etc.), or for the custom launcher EXE, try turning it back off.

@5O1st-oriondev7 wrote:
@dvidebyzeroYour tip was great! Just an addendum, it is necessary to leave unchecked options on properties - compatibility, for the game to run. If the option compatibility with other versions of windows and run as an administrator in each game is enabled. The game will not open!

Message 189 of 288 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having the same issue where Origin is just refreshing itself whenever I try to launch Mass Effect Legendary Edition, I'm not even seeing the custom script launch unfortunately.

Message 190 of 288 (1,251 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help