Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition not showing up in EA Desktop app.

by Ahmed8190

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello David,

I just installed the EA App and I am experiencing the same problem as many other users have described here (MELE not showing).  To add to the pain, I had reinstalled the game on Steam a few weeks ago (new PC) and it won't proceed to the main menu unless Origin is installed.

I can see the efforts in creating EA App, but it will be worthless if gamers cannot see, install the game they paid for and be able to play it.

Advise,

Message 31 of 53 (2,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. I have the Legendary Edition bought from G2A website and installed on my Origin. Once I moved everything else to the EA App, the game disappeared. My collection tells me I've got 4 games (including MELE), but it's still not showing up. 

It's really annoying. I've just gone back to installing Origin although it will be obsolete soon. 

Message 32 of 53 (2,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, now you guys are forcing the ea app and this issue is still not fixed. How am i supposed to play a game that i own when it does not show on my collection. The game was displayed on origin just fine, it has been more than a year since this issue has been reported.

Message 33 of 53 (1,872 Views)

@Bored_Evans 

Is the MELE showing up if you search for it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 34 of 53 (1,857 Views)

★★ Novice
@holger1405 Yes, but when i click it sends me to the store page to buy it. I must add that all the games that were on the amazon giveaway are missing, so Mass Effect Legendary Edition, NFS Heat and Grid Legends
Message 35 of 53 (1,831 Views)

@Bored_Evans 

Then I would suggest to revert back to Origin for the time being. (Direct download link.)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 36 of 53 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bored_EvansOnly MELE is missing from my library that I got from amazon prime. But MELE is the one I wanted to play the most. Hoping they fix this soon.

EDIT: Hmm, I just needed to restart the app and it appeared. Weird.

Message 37 of 53 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

I STILL have this issue in 2023. And even worse, with the forced upgrade, I literally can't even install Mass Effect Legendary.

Message 38 of 53 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MitsukiTakeda 

Please clear your temp files:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste:  "%temp%"   (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
    (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

Then:

• Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall EA app.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Reinstall the newest version of EA app from here.

Message 39 of 53 (998 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled(Including deleting the EA App Content in Program Data, Program Files, and App Data) the EA App and that took me from 20 something Games on the EA App to all 53. It's a more extreme version of clearing your cache but it seems to have worked for me.

Message 40 of 53 (990 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help