Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition not showing up in EA Desktop app.

by attica1284

Original Post

[PC] Mass Effect Legendary Edition not showing up in EA Desktop app.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Some time ago I got Mass Effect Legendary edition. I recently installed the EA Desktop app and was ready to reinstall it only to find it isn't in my list of games, despite it showing up quite clearly in the Origin app, and the fact it is for sale from the EA Desktop app. I'd appreciate this being fixed so I can get rid of the Origin app.

Message 1 of 53 (10,839 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @43_abc_869968,

The Legendary Edition should be available in the EA Desktop app, but we've seen some reports that it is missing for certain people despite having it in their Origin library.

I don't have an ETA unfortunately, but that is something we're currently looking into. Thanks for making sure we were aware of this! 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 53 (10,742 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Nearly all new games (and some older ones, but they've known),

not showing in EA Desktop but shows in Origin.

Clearly I like the simplycism of the new Client, but no way for me for changing,

since this simple problem is not fixed after so many patches.

Message 3 of 53 (10,588 Views)

★★ Novice

Seriously, how is this something that remains unfixed even still? Is it really too much to ask to not have to have to separate and mutually exclusive clients installed at the same time in order to have this game and the XGP EA Play  available on the same machine ON THE SAME PLATFORM EXCEPT NOT SOMEHOW (!?!??!) Seriously, this is the only game that I have on Origin that isn't available in EA Desktop, but this is three games I missed at the time due to real life done up with modern graphics and pretty much the only thing on the EA Platform besides Apex that I have any interest in dumping untold hours into, can I please have TPS KotOR that I already paid for in a manner that doesn't require me to hunt processes down in the task manager to kill them just to switch games? I'm sorry for the complaining but this is so damn ridiculous, I'm sorry I ever subscribed to EA Play Pro if this is the effort being put into the platform. Teeth bared I do like Star Wars games though so you'll get my money  but I don't have to approve of the seemingly totally unaddressed massive deal-breaking bugs. 

Message 4 of 53 (10,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @cosecant5quared,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

Are you able to see the Legendary Edition in the EA app itself and it's just not available in your library?

Is it showing the option to purchase the game, or are you completely unable to see it at all?

Edit: After digging a bit more into this specific situation, it does look like we're still working out some issues when some games are added to the account through certain methods. Thanks for the patience, we're still looking into this and haven't forgotten.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 53 (10,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Excellent, glad to hear they are still looking into it.  My account has the same issue, Mass Effect Legendary appearing in Origin and not EA Desktop.  Not the end of the world and I have finished my current playthrough, but I'm hoping I can drop Origin soon.  Definitely not a game I would want to lose in the shuffle.

Message 6 of 53 (10,357 Views)

★★ Novice

It's insane that this issue isn't fixed yet.  Wanna play Battlefield with EA Play?  Gotta have EA Desktop installed because it doesn't work in Origin.  Want to play Mass Effect?  Gotta have Origin because it doesn't work in EA Desktop. Oh but you can't because you will get an error about running both apps at the same time even though they aren't.

EA, please get your * together and figure out if you want to move forward with either Origin or EA Desktop.  Requiring one for some games and the other for other games is unacceptable, especially since they don't play well together.

Message 7 of 53 (10,073 Views)

★ Novice

Still having this issue months after the initial post. EA Desktop has the option to purchase the game, but it still isn't registering that I already have it on Origin.

Message 8 of 53 (9,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here still in May 2022. I can buy this game fresh through the subscription service but I cannot play the copy I already own. Get your junk together already EA. How about you just make a service so that I can tell your non-stop promotions for this trashy "upgrade" to go away until you get basic support for my game library that you already know about?  

Message 9 of 53 (9,108 Views)

★★ Novice

still the same issue in July 2022

Message 10 of 53 (8,446 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help