Mass Effect Legendary Edition achievements no longer work.

by NotSoSlowT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect - Legendary Edition - EA App - Achievements don't unlock.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've recently started my adventure with ME: Legendary Edition. I had absolutely ZERO issues with first version of the game whitch is ME : 1, but when I started playing the second part ( ME: 2) I noticed very strange thing, my EA App just stopped tracking my achievements. This is weird because by now I should have at least 5 achievements unlocked (I hired Garrus, Kasumi, Mordin etc.) Can you guys do something about this issue? In addition to this, when I opened ME 2 for the first time and imported my character from ME 1 I instantly unlocked all achievements in GAME not in APP, maybe that is the reason why EA App is not tracking achievements now. I'm playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition in PC / Xbox Game Pass/ EA App Beta . I added screenshot of achievements below. Thanks in advance for all response 

Edited thread titel for clarity reasons Holger1405.

Message 1 of 389 (21,113 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Steam ME:LE Achievements not unlocking

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You can get it to work with the EA App. There are justa a couple extra steps. 

EA Offline Mode:

1. Make a copy your uncorrupted GamerProfile file on Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Save\ME2

(if its already corrupted, you'll have to delete this file, game will recreate it, but all achievements will be black, although a few might sync up.)

2. Have EA App open and visible.

3. Launch ME LE and while it’s launching open the EA App menu and click Go Offline. Then confirm.

4. (Optional but recommended) when you are done playing: close the game and backup the GamerProfile file

5. you can then put EA App in Online Mode again if you want to play another game. Just repeat steps 2-4 whenever you wish to play ME LE.

(This method also works for ME 3 Local_Profile)

This works for me and I like it better than messing with my Firewall. However it isn’t perfect. The EA App may eventually error and require you to restart and login. If this happens you should save and exit the game and do so because you won’t unlock any achievements while it’s in that state.

View in thread

Message 200 of 389 (14,582 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect - Legendary Edition - EA App - Achievements Tracking

★★★★★ Newbie

I started ME2 and shortly into it the Soldier (kill 1000 enemies) achievement popped. Then I went back to a new playthrough of ME1 to grab some achievements I had missed, and when I came back to ME2 no achievements were popping. Frown

Message 2 of 389 (20,704 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried many methods for GamerProfile and TrilogyGamerProfile files , and finally found that the positive solution is to disconnect the network.

After testing, I found that EA desktop can unlock achievements when the network is disconnected, but these achievements will be synchronized to your account only when the network is restored.

Message 3 of 389 (20,686 Views)

Mass Effect Legendary Edition achievements no longer work.

★★ Novice

Mass effect Legendary edition achievements no longer work through either steam or EA app. Recently reinstalled Mass Effect legendary edition through steam, contiuned my mass effect 2 playthrough and recruited "The asassin" and "The Justicar" would should give two separate achievements but no I've gotten neither.

Message 4 of 389 (20,043 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition achievements no longer work.

★★★★★ Newbie
@NotSoSlowT Same Issue, though it was just me. Tried uninstalling on steam, uninstalled the EA app and replaying the same section again but still nothing unlocking.
Message 5 of 389 (20,014 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition achievements no longer work.

★★ Novice
@NotSoSlowT +1 I had to uninstall EA App and reinstall Origin to get achievements to work. I really wish they’d fix it, especially if they’re going to deprecate origin soon.
Message 6 of 389 (19,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are disconnected, then how do you access the EA play app??

Message 7 of 389 (19,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues.

Message 8 of 389 (19,770 Views)

Mass effect 2 & 3 achievements not working

★★★ Newbie

I bought ME:LE on Steam and i wanted to do a complete trilogy playtrough. After the first game though, i stopped getting achievements. I completed the 2nd game and should have gotten most achievements but didn't get a single one. Now i'm a couple of hours into ME3 and also no achievements are firing.

I've heard that it might work if i uninstall the EA app and install Origin instead, but i am not sure how this will work. Will my savegames be removed? Will i have to play a completely new character for the achievements to fire? Would be a shame to have to redo the games again...

Message 9 of 389 (19,733 Views)

Re: Mass effect 2 & 3 achievements not working

[ Edited ]

@DomesticDude 

DomesticDude wrote:

Will my savegames be removed?

No, your save games will not be removed if you uninstall EA app, but you not even have to uninstall it, you can have Origin and EA app installed at the same system, you just can't run them together.

DomesticDude wrote:

Will i have to play a completely new character for the achievements to fire? Would be a shame to have to redo the games again...

Not entirely sure about this one, but I assume that the achievements you already unlocked will be unlocked automatically.
No guarantee though.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 389 (19,725 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help