Re: Mass Effect - Legendary Edition - EA App - Achievements Tracking

by holger1405

Original Post

Re: Mass effect 2 & 3 achievements not working

★★★ Newbie

How can i have them both installed at the same time? When i launch the game from steam it opens the EA app by default. I'm guessing there is an issue with the EA app and achievements for ME 2 & 3, right? So the best course of action would be to uninstall that garbage, but will steam open up the game trough Origin instead? I can't find any options in steam to choose what launcher to use.

Honestly, it's so stupid to spread out over several platforms like this, i have no idea what is the point.

Message 11 of 391 (11,875 Views)

Re: Mass effect 2 & 3 achievements not working

@DomesticDude 

Even if you have Origin open at the time you start the game from Steam?

If that is the case uninstall EA app and run Origin solo.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 391 (11,858 Views)

Mass Effect LE steam achievements not unlocking

★★★ Newbie

Played through ME1 and got them as normal but in ME2 I only have the very first one and am near game completion but have not unlocked any other achievements in steam. I am logged in EA play and launching through steam. I am in online mode and have played for 25ish hours and restart my computer each day and the bug has been ongoing for over a week.

Message 13 of 391 (11,864 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition achievements no longer work.

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! Installed the Origin and it worked for me! Hope it's stay that way for Insanity run!

Message 14 of 391 (11,845 Views)

Re: Mass Effect LE steam achievements not unlocking

@SaltSpiceOfLife 

I move your post into a master thread for this issue.

It seems EA app is blocking the achievements, reverting back to Origin is the only workaround right now.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 15 of 391 (11,799 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, but playing on Steam. No achievement popping for ME2, but got some of ME1

Message 16 of 391 (11,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

According to Reddit and other sites this has been an ongoing issue since Legendary Edition came out. I recently started and have the same problem. ME1 unlocks fine but as soon as ME2 starts the medal tracker on your desk in game shows all achievements as unlocked and no achievements log on any platform. I play on Steam via EA App and neither Steam nor the App log achievements. The company standard reply is check you are online or restart app but that is not the issue since I am always online and have tried restart repeatedly. Really wish they would acknowledge the problem and fix the bug.

Message 17 of 391 (11,741 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AberrantReason 

There are sometimes issues with single achievements inside the Legendary Edition, but the complete absence of unlocked achievements from ME2 onwards in EA app is an EA app problem.

If it is possible for you your can switch back to Origin.  Or you can wait until the problem is fixed, but I can't say when or if that will ever happen.

Message 18 of 391 (22,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was never on origin. I am not concerned about it not being on Ea App but it irritates me it in not linking to Steam.

Message 19 of 391 (11,718 Views)

@AberrantReason 

The game needs an EA client to run, I assume that Steam reads the achievements over an API in the client, and not from the game itself.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/ME2-achievements-already-unlocked/m-p/120012... 

Message 20 of 391 (11,707 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help