Re: Mass Effect 4 Continued from where?

by mcsupersport

Original Post

I really love the ME Trilogy characters, but I have to agree with @ThandalNLyman with this, I MUCH prefer they continue into Andromeda and all the interesting story lines they have there.  We have done the Milky Way, and to me trying to top the big bad of the Reapers would be not so good of an idea, a smaller scale ME doesn't really seem to fit the series, and if you just make every ending of ME3 turn into the same setup it lessens the impact of ME3 endings.  Who cares if you destroyed the Reapers, now control them, or if everyone is part machine....you are all in this XXXX staring space in the new Milky Way ME5!!!!....yeah, no.

Also as Thandal said, 600 years is like 40 or so years in human scale for them....while things would have changed a bit, it wouldn't be enough to overhaul individual ME3 endings.  I think if they put the effort into a really good game, a sequel to MEA could do well, as long as they don't make tired faces and don't try to cram too much stuff into the game, let it build over multiple games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 31 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

My hope is for it to be an ME3 sequel and and Andromeda prequel. My fan theory has always been that the Andromeda races are not alien enough and that they may also originate from the Milky Way but got to Andromeda sooner.

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Mass Effect Andromeda = Mass Effect 4

Mass Effect 5 is the next game

I will be a contrarian and call this Mass Effect 7! Wink

Seriously, though, if it's a direct sequel to Mass Effect 3, I'm fine with people calling it Mass Effect 4, just because I see Andromeda as a spinoff in the same way the Jacob game was (though not on the same scale).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 31 (537 Views)

I'm virtually certain it will get a subtitle not a number.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 31 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

We can hope!  I've always felt that a lot of the shade thrown on DA2 could have been prevented if they had named it, Dragon Age: Champion of Kirkwall (or something like that) instead of using a title that made (some) people expect a direct sequel to the previous one.

Message 14 of 31 (512 Views)

★ Guide

As long as Shepard is back they can call it whatever they want Large smile

All joking aside, I don't know why Andromeda got such a bad reputation (as a game), if they didn't drop the ball and gotten all the bugs fixed and continued the series it is a great game as a spin-off.

Saying that, they can not continue ME4 as part of Andromeda as 600 years apart would probably mean all the original characters are already dead.

Yes Liara was about 21 in ME1 which would make her 621 if they continued the storyline of ME:A , Wrex was around 1400 already in ME3 and the rest can't live that long anyway.

I would rather they continue the ME game as part of the original series (we still have the creators of the reapers to deal with) and leave ME:A alone.

If they can continue ME:A and make ME:A2 I would love that, as there is so much to learn there and another ark to look for.

So my own opinion would be, leave ME:A make ME4 the continuation of ME3 (with a few years past, as they had to search for Shepard I bet).

Message 15 of 31 (503 Views)

We know both the trilogy and Andromeda will play a part (BioWare hints).

We also know BioWare will tell the story they want to tell, it's not going to be a 'fan requests compilation' (fans want different things anyway).

Liara was 106 at the time of ME1 (barely more than a teenager).

She could well have travelled to Andromeda (frozen) so even 600 years is no big deal and have come back the same way, so 1,200 years.

If BioWare wanted some 'old' crew they could simply have travelled along with.

After 1,200 years the events of the trilogy endings may have ended up approximately the same place.

Destroy - The AI lifeforms built up again (as the catalyst predicted) 'your children will create synthetics and then the chaos will come back'.

Control - Peace arrives but for how long will the Shep-Control entity last?

Synthesis - There is a new DNA, but evolution takes its own journey to who knows where.

I don't think it is a given that Shepard is back - we've only seen a bit of armor.

If that were to happen, being brought back from the dead or cloned has been done before.

So lots of room to press ahead in frankly any direction they want to.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 31 (495 Views)

Hero

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

We can hope!  I've always felt that a lot of the shade thrown on DA2 could have been prevented if they had named it, Dragon Age: Champion of Kirkwall (or something like that) instead of using a title that made (some) people expect a direct sequel to the previous one.

Originally, the title was going to be Dragon Age: Exodus, but apparently it got changed because people would think it was an expansion instead of a sequel.

The third one was originally announced as Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Then they dropped the number, and now DA2's title sticks out even more. They should just remaster the series and change the title of DA2 to Exodus. Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 31 (485 Views)

@mcsupersport  schrieb:

I really love the ME Trilogy characters, but I have to agree with @ThandalNLyman with this, I MUCH prefer they continue into Andromeda and all the interesting story lines they have there.  We have done the Milky Way,

We also have done Andromeda. 😜
Why not both?

If they, and it seam like it, address both galaxies the can tell both stories.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 31 (455 Views)
Highlighted

@holger1405 wrote:

We also have done Andromeda. 😜
Why not both?

If they, and it seam like it, address both galaxies the can tell both stories.  

We have done Andromeda??  Ok, who are the Jardan??  Where did they come from??  Who destroyed them??  Civil War??  Where are the Kett from??  Will they come back to the new Colonies??  We haven't DONE Andromeda, we have barely dipped our toes in the waters of Andromeda, whereas the Milky Way would require some hand waving and not looking too close to allow a continuation of story without overwriting some peoples ending.  NO, 600 years wouldn't be enough, maybe 5000 would and a total change of all cultures, but then why do that just to continue in the Milky Way.  IF you hand wave and say 600 years has past and all endings end up at XXXX point, then it just proves the RGB endings were all the same anyway.  Not to mention, I can't see a good reason to dismiss every living thing in a Galaxy becoming a hybrid-machine by space magic, as ohh, things aren't any different if you left it alone and it occurred because XXX event happened 200 years after the Reapers died.  And yeah, that was EVERY LIVING THING and all AI in the Galaxy becoming hybrids, even on worlds we haven't found or even know of.......

Again, Bioware wrote an ending that basically ended future story telling in the Galaxy without creating a Cannon run for Shepard, so they should just buck up and fix Andromeda as the new place to tell stories.  There is so much available there, without the ending controversy that while the stuffed up MEA in many ways, it still set the stage for new Mass Effect to continue.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 19 of 31 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mcsupersport 

I know where you coming from mc, but I can think of at lest several easy solutions for the "Canon" ending problem and many people chose "Synthesis" as "there" ending, I don't like it either, but that does not mean that they who choose it choose wrong, it is a matter of opinion.
And they who control the narrative can also find a way to navigate around this problem, how good of an explanation it will be remains to be seen.

As for the endings, many things in Mass Effect were "Space Magic" before the ending, it was just not under scrutiny because people liked the "Space Magic" up to some point. Wink

As you know, I like Andromeda, imho it is a really good game, but it did not worked out as it should be. There are many reasons for that, for some Bioware is to blame, for others not so much.

The point is that it did not performed well, so bringing the Milky way back to the mix is imho a good idea.

I was reluctant about it as well, but the more I think about it there more I like it.

This way they can anwser open questions about Andromeda and add new content independent from a game that was underperforming.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 31 (414 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help