[Old Report] Mass Effect 1 Adept Cannot equip new grenades.

by Pyromaniacal13

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 1 Adept Cannot equip new grenades.

★★ Novice

What you see is whatever was showing prior to the grenade tab. If I were on armor or something else that would show in its place.

Message 11 of 15 (468 Views)

@jointtacstrike 

This is indeed strange.

Did or do you use Mods or trainer?

Did you edited game files.

Try the game repair again please. Multiple times if necessary.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 15 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

Already did the multiple repair attempts. No good. The only mods were a bug fix patch and unlimited sprint. Didn't dare mess with anything else until I got a sense of hos to restore the game before mods. But, this happened even before all that.

Message 13 of 15 (441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi I'm aware I'm late to the party but i saw this thread looking for a solution and ended up solving it myself so figured id post the solution i found. so prior to me getting this issue id used the save editor and had changed the grenade that was in the grenade slot to the HE grenade not realizing the grenade slot that shows up in the save editor has to be kept as just GRENADE this is because that applies to the grenade launcher and this is what meaning when you replace this your essentially just removing the grenade launcher from the game meaning you cant use grenades at all and cannot add the mods to the grenade slot.

the fix for this is to open your save in the editor and change the slot third inventory slot from the top (The one below your armor) then replace whatever is there with [GRENADE] from the drop down menu then add the grenade mod to your inventory on the other side and equip it once you load this new edited save in game.

literally could have played the rest of the game without knowing how to fix it but i needed to equip those dammn anti thorian grenades even if I'm late hop this helps someone the picture I've attached is how the save editor should look if you've got the grenade in the correct place.

Message 14 of 15 (464 Views)

Community Manager

@reecehasbeard wrote:

hi I'm aware I'm late to the party but i saw this thread looking for a solution and ended up solving it myself so figured id post the solution i found. so prior to me getting this issue id used the save editor and had changed the grenade that was in the grenade slot to the HE grenade not realizing the grenade slot that shows up in the save editor has to be kept as just GRENADE this is because that applies to the grenade launcher and this is what meaning when you replace this your essentially just removing the grenade launcher from the game meaning you cant use grenades at all and cannot add the mods to the grenade slot.

the fix for this is to open your save in the editor and change the slot third inventory slot from the top (The one below your armor) then replace whatever is there with [GRENADE] from the drop down menu then add the grenade mod to your inventory on the other side and equip it once you load this new edited save in game.

literally could have played the rest of the game without knowing how to fix it but i needed to equip those dammn anti thorian grenades even if I'm late hop this helps someone the picture I've attached is how the save editor should look if you've got the grenade in the correct place.

Appreciate listing this here!

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread or add your information to an existing thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 15 of 15 (146 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help