Re: Mako Controls (PC)

by hrffb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mako Controls (PC)

★★★★ Novice

While the new control scheme for the Mako is nice in non combat situations, is there any way to go to the classic Mako controls that don't have the drive tied to the camera direction?  The new system makes it a lot harder to kill Thresher Maws, and I wouldn't be surprised if going against Geth Armatures is going to be a giant PITA too.

Message 1 of 5 (740 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

It's in the gameplay option manual, you can unlink it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (722 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

It's in the gameplay option manual, you can unlink it.

Message 2 of 5 (723 Views)

★ Apprentice

Luckily you're on PC, where that option does exist.  I forget which menu (the other poster probably has it correct), but you're looking for something that talks about it being relative to the camera, or relative to the mako.

Message 3 of 5 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is under options/controls/Mako camera relative sterring, not gameplay. The steering was all jacked up and I got my arse handed to me by a thresher maw. Not sure how they thought that was an improvement. Found it and disabled it though.

Message 4 of 5 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you all for your instructions on how to fix the mako. I am now able to drive the darn thing. It does handle slightly better but only using the controls as they should be, right being right, left being left, forward being forward no matter which way your are facing is the logical way to have the controls. What nut thought your camera angle should have a play in your controls is mind boggling. Moreover, the articles on the mako controls all praise this new and absurd feature with no instruction on how to change the settings. Again, thank you all. 

Message 5 of 5 (544 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help