Major Sound Mixing Issues?

by PTSOrange

Original Post

Major Sound Mixing Issues?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey all, 

I recently purchased Mass Effect Legendary Edition for my PS5 and I've been having major issues with sound. The mixing is so off that I can't even make it past Eden Prime. Whenever I shoot a weapon, my speakers (with the bass cranked to the lowest) completely rattle my room. Certain sound effects are barely audible on the other hand. I've even had music completely drop mid-cutscene. 

Please tell me that this is a bug and is going to be fixed, because this cannot be the intended mixing. It seems many others on PS5 are experiencing the same issue. Is this being investigated? It just doesn't sound right...

Message 1 of 8 (2,058 Views)

Re: Major Sound Mixing Issues?

★★ Novice

My issue is all the audio is coming from the rear surround speakers. 

Message 2 of 8 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having similar issues as the original poster. Very heavy on the bass and rear speakers. Lots of sounds missing entirely. 

I restarted the game after Eden Prime and the new save file seemed to sound a lot better. Played for a while and now the issue is happening again. Closed game and reloaded and it still persists. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,962 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, all sound (voice, effects and music) prioritized to rear surround speakers, making playing the game deafening, even at lower volumes. Urgently need the audio tracks remixing to fix 5.1 channel output. This is ruining my long awaited replay of my most favorite game of all time!

Please fix E.A, as a top priority! Oh and this is on a PS5 by the way. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The sound mixing is terrible. I can see subtitles of some people talking but literally can’t hear them unless I am right on top of them. If I turn up the volume so one element is able to be heard then the gunshots are deafening...how did this even get past the testing phase as it is now??? I’m playing stereo fwiw - it wouldn’t be so bad if the menu was so stripped of any customization whatsoever. Didn’t the original games have a high and low sensitivity mode or something similar where it would lessen the dynamic range? That would at least help but the three audio sliders can’t fix the terrible job they did balancing the audio. Extremely disappointing.
Message 5 of 8 (1,908 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same! What is the deal??

Message 6 of 8 (1,821 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem on Xbox series X too - there is no distance calculation for rear channels so voices / sounds remain constantly loud regardless of how far the sound source is in game 

Message 7 of 8 (1,601 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the SAME problems on PS5. Recently purchased it (June 2022) and the audio in ME1, besides all these problems mentioned, sounds as if it's raspy and has low quality. Tried starting ME2 to check if it has the same issues, but it doesn't, it's just ME1. I also have MELE for Xbox One, and the sound is completely fine there.

Message 8 of 8 (1,136 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help