Re: MELE White Screen Freeze on ME game Launch

by 0cffb639fc0f529c

Original Post

MELE White Screen Freeze on ME game Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just downloaded the MELE version from Steam, and I can open the launcher fine (although the download hangs at 99.9% and says corrupt download until I restart my computer, then it completes). However, when I select a game to start, I just get a white screen with music in the background, but the entire computer locks up and I can't access task manager or anything and have to hard crash the computer. This has happened for ME1 and ME2, have not tried ME3 yet. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 10 with an RTX 2060 SUPER graphics card.

Message 1 of 10 (645 Views)

@0cffb639fc0f529c 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 10 (625 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag file! The white screen occurs with ME1, 2, or 3, and this last time, I had to do a system restore because even Windows wouldn't even load after I had to reset my computer. It would just show the Windows icon and then immediately go to the white screen.

Message 3 of 10 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

Launching from EA app or Steam did not resolve the issue, and I even tried pinning the task manager on top to close the program if needed, and the white screen removed the task manager and I had to crash again anyways. When I did start LE1, I saw a second Mass Effect Program pop up from the task manager menu in addition to the LEME program, and it immediately said "not responding", then the white screen came up.

Message 4 of 10 (604 Views)

@0cffb639fc0f529c 

• Hit Windows key and X.
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” or "Windows Terminal (Administrator)", whichever option is offered.
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
  • If errors are found, notify us. If no errors were found reaped steps 1 & 2.
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key and X again.
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command Prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “sfc /scannow” without quotes. >ENTER.
  • Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 10 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your response!

• There was no error on checkhealth 

• As of now, restorehealth has been running for 30min and is currently stuck at 54.5%. I will check back in the morning to see if it has completed. 
  • EDIT: No progress overnight, but I hit enter this morning and it then continued to completion with no errors.

• System scan found corrupt files:
  • Error message: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 10 (582 Views)

@0cffb639fc0f529c 

Preform a EA app app recovery:

In EA app > Click on the 3 lines in the top left > Help > App recovery.

Restart the PC.

Repair the game.

(Origin: Game Library > Right-click the game cover > Repair)

(EA app: My Collection > Click on the three dots on the game cover > Repair)
(Steam: Game Library > Right-click the game > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.)

Test.

Message 7 of 10 (561 Views)

★★ Novice

I repaired the EA app and restarted. It removed the game from the side bar but still shows up under my collection. However, there are no dots on the game cover, only an icon that says "Steam". I don't have Origin.

I verified the integrity of the game files in Steam, to which it said that all 38696 files had been successfully verified.

Message 8 of 10 (545 Views)

@0cffb639fc0f529c 

And did something changed?

If not post a new DxDiag please.

Message 9 of 10 (533 Views)

★★ Novice

No, the game still crashed. I ended the "not responding" program in task manager before it was able to lock up my computer. I have attached the new DxDiag file for reference.

Message 10 of 10 (516 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help