Re: MELE Fail to Launch

by holger1405

Original Post

MELE Fail to Launch

★★★ Newbie

I am right there with you. I just installed MELE on a new laptop. Laptop is Windows 11. Ive tried every fix i can find so far but no matter what, no progress. Downloaded it from STEAM. But obviously, it opens EA APP every time than has an error. Repair does nothing, STEAM file check scans and does nothing. Full uninstall and reinstall does nothing. Updated drivers. Attempted to use Origin instead of EA App, still nothing. Attached is DxDiag

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)

@Saxxs 

If you still have Origin installed test with it if possible,

Please preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode.

Make sure your virus scanner and other security software and also Afterburner and similar software as well as the Alienware Command Center are disabled.

Make also sure that your GPU & CPU are not overclocked.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still not working. Did clean boot and everything else. Still comes up with 1 of 2 situations. 1. Regardless of how i try to open the game it opens either Origin or EA App depending on which i have at the time and than attempts to load launcher where it than says it has an error and i have to repair. (Repair from steam and origin will actually open the steam repair and sometimes finds 1 file corrupted, the EA repair does nothing at all). or 2: Same issue but the game doesnt even attempt to open the launcher, just insta crashes the opening.

Message 3 of 4 (336 Views)

@Saxxs 

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • In the new Window, type or copy and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) > Press ENTER
  • Look if there are any "MassEffect1.exe.Xxxx.dmp" or "MassEffectLauncher.exeXxxx.dmp" files in the "..Local\CrashDumps" folder.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect1.exe.Xxxx.dmp" or "MassEffectLauncher.exeXxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at a free file hosting service like Dropbox or Onedrive.
  • Post the link here.

If there aren't any dump files of ME:

• Press the Windows key > Write: Command Prompt > Right click on "Command Prompt" in the search results > Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD into the prompt Window > Press ENTER.
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • After the game crashes, let all Windows crash dialogues finish.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time. > Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) into the new window > Press ENTER.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect1.exe.Xxxx.dmp" or "MassEffectLauncher.exeXxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at file hosting service like Dropbox or you can use the Onedrive "public" folder.
  • Post the link here.

If you want to undo the automatic dump creation, use the command below in a elevated command prompt (As in point 1) reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (322 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help