ME2 achievements already unlocked?

by Dilandau3000

Original Post

Re: ME2 achievements already unlocked?

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much, Holger ! Heart

Uninstalling EA App and going back to Origin has worked.

Note : To be extra sure, I also follow another post from you (Origin cache).

All unfinished "counts" in ME 2 are resetted (0/7 weapons upgrades, 0/25 armor incinerations, etc.). The only count that still remains is for killed ennemis (1391/200 probablyh from my ME1 playthrough).
I also keep completed achievements from ME2 (finished "counts") and from ME1 (as difficulty 1 and romance 1).
Recruiting Jack (a few minutes ago) has indeed triggered achievs on Steam and Origin. 

Sorry for other players that can't apply this workaround. Disappointed Hopefully they'll patch this very soon.

Thanks again, Holger, taking the time to answering us ! You are my hero, for sure !
Message 51 of 248 (4,911 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, that is very annoying that the EA App is causing this, it's such a weird issue for it to cause as well, but then the EA App was poorly conceived from the start. EA please get on fixing this!

P.S. Is there a way to check if the game has registered you playing on Insanity throughout it? Because if I complete the entire game and find that it has not, I'll be livid, ME 3 is really tough on Insanity and I really don't want to do it again and instead just enjoy it on a second playthrough.

Message 52 of 248 (4,601 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with ME3. Started playing the game on Origin and went through ME1 and 2 with no problems, started ME3 also on Origin and still no problem. Recently subscribed to Gamepass Ultimate and had to install the new EA desktop and my ME3 stopped unlocking achievements. Went and had a look at the in-game achievement list and it shows them ALL unlocked.

What is the purpose of this new crappy program? I mean Origin was also bad but at least things worked.

Message 53 of 248 (4,543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m not sure if there’s a way to check that it’s registering however I can confirm that as long as you’ve done the steps talked about earlier in the thread and then always set the EA App to offline before you launch the game/launcher you don’t have to fully disconnect your internet and the achievements will work and update when you close the game and put the launcher back online. I’ve gotten the ME2 Insanity achievement this way so I’m assuming the same will work for ME3 and long as you never launch the game while the EA app is connected to the internet. 

Message 54 of 248 (4,523 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition trophies already unlocked

★★★ Novice

Any news on this? The EA app is out of beta and is supposed to replace Origin soon, but this issue still exists -- I was just affected.

Message 55 of 248 (4,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry to see this is still ongoing, folks. We've had a number of updates to the EA app, though that doesn't appear to have corrected the issue.

I've poked the team and passed along this information again to get another look into this, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 56 of 248 (4,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue. I recently bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Steam. Finished yesterday ME1 and got all the achievements. Today I started ME2, imported my character from ME2 and noticed all the achievements in the extra menu were already unlocked even tho I've never played ME2 before (I have the original version because it was free-to-keep at some point but never actually played it). Because of this I'm not receiving any achievements neither on Steam or EA App.

Origin was a terrible launcher and I would have never guessed EA will reach a new low but here we are.

[Link removed by CM. Please don't provide unofficial links to downloads here on the forums.]

Message 57 of 248 (4,116 Views)

@GRAIL-Exodus 

I posted the link to Origin on the last side of this thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 58 of 248 (4,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, version downloaded from Steam, no messing with saves, just using the ones generated by my own playthrough. It's been over a year since this thread was created, this is not good service and EA should come clean about it, admit it and fix it. The company is lucky enough to hold the rights for Mass Effect, and it's only bought because it's a game I enjoy very much. But after all this time and complaints, the rule of thumb remains to steer clear of EA games. Doubtful you'll get so lucky with your next franchise. But if you don't care about that, then I guess just don't fix it?

Message 59 of 248 (3,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

I confirm that this is a functional work-around, and that the issue has not been fixed yet on the latest EA Launcher. Thank you for putting in the work EA didn't.

Message 60 of 248 (3,330 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help