ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

by ArtemisTynblade

Original Post

Re: Legendary Edition Surround Sound is not working correctly

★★★ Novice

@arZic wrote:

@EA_David - This issue should be priority #1 to fix.

A gamebreaking bug to anyone using a surround sound system, but all I can see on the "Tweets" are how you're patting your back on how good this remaster is.

How about some feedback into what you're doing? It's gonna be a definitive refund claim for me if this is not fixed within a week.

PS: To all PC players having surround sound issues - I believe you're able to fix it with this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2487160511

This issue actually persist from when the original ME1 launched. 

This doesn't fix it for me and a lot of people. It does at the rear channels, but the mixing is still broken with no center channel sound.

Message 61 of 163 (1,904 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crgmls I see. Then this is a whole new issue with the remaster. However, for the PC players even when (if) they fix the mixing, the surround might still be broken without that fix.
Idk, just have to wait and see i guess...
Message 62 of 163 (1,861 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can this please be fixed. Bought for PS5 I haven't even opened the case yet waiting on a fix for this. I have the originals on Xbox may have to stick with them. 

Message 63 of 163 (1,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@plongster92At the very least it would be nice to see EA acknowledge it and announce that a fix is being worked on. I had to stop playing for now and go back to other games which is very disappointing.

Message 64 of 163 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is still an issue - with my PS5 set to use A/V Amplifier, channels set to 5.1 and a 2.1 sony ht nt-5 soundbar with accompanying wireless surround speakers (which is a total of 5.1 channels including the virtual center).

With 5.1 mode audio is being played through the wrong channels, and if I switch to stereo mode everything is "mostly" fine, but ambient dialogue and sound is way too quiet and gunfire is extremely loud.

Bypassing the sound bar entirely and playing through my TV speakers the sound works fine (but obviously sounds way worse, because TV speakers).

If there are additional details I can provide to help you pin this issue down let me know, but it seems like there's enough evidence in this thread across a multitude of users that the issue is fairly clear. Thanks!

Message 65 of 163 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"How about some feedback into what you're doing? It's gonna be a definitive refund claim for me if this is not fixed within a week."

Come on, now.  That's a bit of an overreaction.  I am experiencing this and it is no where near this bad.  I still played through a third of the first game with no problems other than dialog and gunfire coming from the rears during combat and conversations.  Rest of the audio mix is ok.  I think this should be patched for sure, but it is no where near game breaking.

Message 66 of 163 (1,492 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just downloaded update 1.2 on my PS4 Pro but alas, the problems are still there.

Message 67 of 163 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I wonder how many people this impacts.  How does the game sound for people with the PS5 3D surround headset?  Is it just those with dedicated 5.1 or 7.1 receivers?

Message 68 of 163 (1,463 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PSUHammer aren't those headsets just stereo headphones with fancy audio processing to create virtual surround sound? So they wouldn't be affected in the same way as people with setups that have actual different channels (which ME1 seems to be mixing up so that stuff that should be on the center channel is on the surrounds)
Message 69 of 163 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ginidinAh, ok. I know some of the higher end cans have multiple "speakers" in them to simulate surround (and even Atmos) but most are stereo with software simulating surround.

I have a dedicated 7.1.2 Atmos setup and I am definitely experiencing the issue post 1.2 patch. Again, it is more annoying than game breaking.  Although, as you said earlier, ambient party dialog can be too quiet and isn't in the center channel.

Message 70 of 163 (1,400 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help