ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

by ArtemisTynblade

Original Post

Re: ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

★★ Novice

Judging by the radio silence on the top-voted thread in the forum... I doubt they're going to fix this.

A serious bummer. At least they could acknowledge the hopelessness and disable the surround mix in ME1 so I don't have to switch my PS5 settings back and forth (my Sonos Arc doesn't let me downmix). I've been holding out for a patch but am ready to give up.

Glad to hear ME2/3 don't have the same problem though. Pretty disappointing but ah well.

Message 131 of 163 (1,963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David can we get confirmation on this issue? When is a fix planned?

Message 132 of 163 (1,900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am still experiencing this issue as of the June 7 patch. I also verified that this issue is not present in ME2 or ME3.

Message 133 of 163 (1,806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David 

still no answer on this issue. What can we expect here? If there’s no fix planned, we need to know that too.

Message 134 of 163 (1,624 Views)

★ Apprentice

At this point an option to have the game just use stereo would be about as much as I'd expect and I'd be fine with that. I'm tired of switching my PS5's settings back and forth because downmixing on my audio device takes even longer to enable/disable.

Message 135 of 163 (1,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@GiolonWhat a joke it’s not fixed yet. Why don’t they just admit there’s an issue and say it’ll take a while to fix? My guess is that it can’t be fixed without some sort of massive overhaul and they don’t want to pay for that. Really glad I got a refund when I did.

Message 136 of 163 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David 

Can you provide an update?

Message 137 of 163 (1,266 Views)

Re: Legendary Edition Surround Sound is not working correctly

★★ Novice

So a month later, is there any update on this? If I didn’t have the physical version I likely would have requested a refund from Sony, but I’m at the mercy of EA and BioWare to fix this now.

Message 138 of 163 (917 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. Although only on certain sound devices:

I have a SteelSeries Arcits Pro + GameDAC and on the "Game" channel some dialogues in ME2 come in the rear channel, but on the "Chat" channel they work fine.

My speaker is a Logitech z625 and I don't hear he problem there, but it's just a 2.1, so now I'm not sure...

Also experiecning the Firewalker sound bug on all devices... Frown

Message 139 of 163 (872 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just posting again to ask for an update - even a "we are not going to fix this" would be enough. I understand that it's hard to balance technical problems, project timelines and also a community demanding stuff from you but like, some bare minimum communication would be appreciated here.

Message 140 of 163 (792 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help