Re: ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

by HeartagramLove

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

5 Channel Stereo is not surround sound. So what you are doing might be a work around of sorts for a receiver, but it ruins the surround sound feature in the process.

Message 121 of 163 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is a bit of a workaround for those who have issues with volume levels such as quiet dialog during gameplay vs REALLY LOUD gunfire.  Look through your A/V receiver, soundbar, and/or TV’s audio settings for a “Dynamic Range” setting (although it could be named something different, such as “listening environment”).  Set it for minimum dynamic range or “night time” mode (again, might go by a different name on your device). This will reduce the volume difference between quiet and loud sounds.

again, not a real fix, but it might help some people. Good luck. 

Message 122 of 163 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’ve noticed that @EA_David@EA_Mako, and @EA_Atic are regularly online but don’t respond to these bug reports. Are these forums watched by anyone from EA or are they only user forums?

Message 123 of 163 (1,214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s pretty disgusting the lack of acknowledgment for the sound issues. I genuinely now believe it’s not going to get fixed we’ve been ignored and probably best to just move on and never pre order another EA game day one. Or at least wait and find out if there are bugs that will ruin it for you are present

lesson learned for me.

Message 124 of 163 (1,199 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

!! ATTENTION EVERYONE !!

Even if you live in the US, if you’ve never tried to ask Sony for a REFUND before, they will give you a ONE-TIME EXCEPTION.

Yes, this means most of not all of you, and refund this game if you bought it digitally. 

Please know going forward to never, ever pre-order another EA game again (most games actually). They have ignored us for weeks over the surround sound issues, and the only thing that will make them learn going forward is asking for your had earned money back. 

Message 125 of 163 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Come on, now.  This is not a gamebreaking issue...

In other news, has anyone tested ME1 surround audio with the latest update?

Message 126 of 163 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PSUHammer Depends on who’s playing it, for me it’s game breaking, audio is important.

The new patch doesn’t fix it though...
Message 127 of 163 (916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can confirm,update 1.03 does not fix the issue, dialogue still comes from surround speakers instead of center front. This is on PS5.

Message 128 of 163 (902 Views)

★★ Novice
@Flodo81 I was hoping that they fixed the problem. Maybe in the next patch hopefully.
Message 129 of 163 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"Game breaking" and "Important to my game playing experience" are two distinct things.  I agree it needs fixed but it didn't cause me to not be able to complete ME1.  If you set your AVR to "stereo surround", you still hear everything.

I should add that the sound is much better in ME2 and ME3 in terms of the surround mix.

Disappointing that they didn't get this into 1.03.

Message 130 of 163 (840 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help