Re: ME1 audio issue - dialog & sfx in surrounds instead of center

by Giolon

Original Post

★★ Novice

Seems like they aren't going to fix this anytime soon or until most of the players complete ME1. I'm probaly going to finish it in stereo mode skipping all side quests or skip the entire game straight to ME2, trying to forget this epic failure. Too bad, all these graphical improvements in ME1 were nice and I'd actually enjoy it if not for this broken sound.

Just imagine going to a long awaited movie and watching it in a theatre with half of the speakers broken.

Message 71 of 163 (2,088 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

New patch sound remains unfixed and still have screen tearing on ps4 pro in favor framerate 

Message 72 of 163 (2,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Contacted EA customer service. Seems they are aware of this post and the issue. See the attached transcript (english is not my native language). Maybe more people could report it to their service chat. This needs to get fixed ASAP.

Transcript:

Javaid (17-5-2021 20:01:02): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Javaid, may I start with your first name please?
(17-5-2021 20:01:18): Hey Javaid, my name is Kenny
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:01:31): Hello! nice to meet you, Kenny. Hope you're doing great.
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:01:34): How may I assist you today?
(17-5-2021 20:01:41): Fine thanks.
(17-5-2021 20:01:54): Im having surround sound issues with Mass Effec LE on PS4 Pro
(17-5-2021 20:02:31): All the Dialogue in conversations, gunfire and walking sounds seem to be coming from the rear speakers on my Soundbar setup
(17-5-2021 20:02:58): Lots of people seem to be reporting this. Across multiple platforms
(17-5-2021 20:03:05): only Mass Effect 1 though
(17-5-2021 20:03:48): Is EA aware of this? If so, is there a fix right away or does this need to be patched out.
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:05:21): Thanks for explaining the issue. I will surely check for the issue regarding ME1 audio issue and assist you with this case.
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:05:26): May I know your PSN ID?
(17-5-2021 20:05:32): Let me check Wink
(17-5-2021 20:07:03): ****
(17-5-2021 20:08:01): This thread is full of info regarding this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/ME1-audio-issue-dialog-amp-sfx-in-surrounds-...
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:08:19): Thanks, you are right this seems to be a bug as I see most of the players reported this with our forums as well. I am reporting a bug from your account as well with our teams to get this investigated and fixed. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/ME1-audio-issue-dialog-amp-sfx-in-surrounds-...
(17-5-2021 20:09:20): Super! Do you have any indication as to how fast this can be fixed? It's really quite distracting. I'm hlding off on playing while this persists.
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:11:21): I am sorry as our teams have not mentioned the exact timeline because it varies from issue to issue. I am not someone who can make false commitments regarding the timeline. I believe it is good to be honest on this.
(17-5-2021 20:12:03): Alright. I hope they'll be fixing this.
Javaid (17-5-2021 20:12:34): Let us hope for the best. Hope this should get fixed as soon as possible.

Message 73 of 163 (2,040 Views)

★★ Novice

I also seem to have this problem. Fixed it yesterday by replacing the OpenAL32.dll with a newer one. Started the game today again and the bug was back. Seem like the update reverted my fix. 

Did the fix again and now it seems to work correctly again. Got the correct file from OpenAL Soft website. 

Maybe this will fix it for some of the other people having problems with the surround sound. 

Message 74 of 163 (1,980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this issue as well.

I am playing on a PS5 w/ 5.1 speakers (connected through Sony STR-DN1080 receiver via HDMI). If I set the PS5 to 5.1 or 7.1 the dialogue and sfx incorrectly emanate from the surround speakers. If I set the PS5 to stereo, then I get a proper stereo mix, but I'd really like to be able to play this in surround.

I checked on the new 1.02 patch today and it's still an issue.

Message 75 of 163 (1,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add me to the list. It's unplayable. (Or at least, unlistenable)

Message 76 of 163 (1,782 Views)

Re: Legendary Edition Surround Sound is not working correctly

★ Novice

All coming from back speakers for me also on PS4…I have a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 setup. It’s definitely distracting. 

Message 77 of 163 (1,632 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David Do you have an update on this issue? I noticed a patch went out, but it didn't fix this. When can we expect this to be resolved?

Message 78 of 163 (1,594 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The silence about this issue is deafening. 

Can the devs at least tell the community that they’re aware of the issue and are at least working on a fix?

The silence is extremely worrisome - especially considering this is so extremely apparent, it was likely known about in advance before even shipping the game - it makes one wonder if they hope the majority of vocal people just finish with ME1 and the issue can just be forgotten about.

Hoping this is fixed sooner, rather than later. I want nothing more to sit down and play this game properly; which I haven’t done since 1AM last Friday morning.  

Message 79 of 163 (1,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

when looking for information on this issue all I find is media shilling about “enhanced audio” which is incredibly ironic considering the first game is essentially ruined because of these audio issues. It’s very worrying that they put out a patch already but haven’t even made a mention of these audio issues being worked on. I guess they are more concerned about potential sales than being truthful and transparent with existing customers. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s incredibly disappointing. 

Message 80 of 163 (1,523 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help