Re: ME1 Bug - Eletania Data Module

by mcsupersport

Original Post

ME1 Bug - Eletania Data Module

★★★ Newbie

Had the interact bubble come up on the monkey that had been carrying the data module after they'd dropped it, only to find out that multiple interactions gave +6 Paragon points each time, which allowed me to easily max out Paragon on what was my first Spectre mission. I fortunately had a save from right before I'd gone into the room, so I reloaded to get rid of the Paragon progression, but wanted to make sure it was brought up.

No screenshots, but save file is available if needed to go back and repeat the bug.

Message 1 of 3 (344 Views)

★★★ Guide

This bug also occurs in the original games.

Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Yup, and I hope they never patch it out.  You have to actively try and use this bug, it isn't something that most people stumble on or can accidentally run up Paragon, since if you click again it is +6 but you have to keep clicking to max it.  I use it to max Paragon just about every game, and since it is a single player game, and this bug is very much a choice to use and how much, to me it should be left alone as it makes the game better for those who want to use it, and doesn't hurt those who don't want to use it.   Too often in my experience game companies spend time fixing "bugs" like these and leave crashes and such because they are easier to fix, and prevent "cheating" which is funny in a single player game, as if you "cheat" you are only effecting yourself and your enjoyment, sort of like a mod for a single player game isn't frowned upon, and yeah, Multiplayer if different.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help