ME: Legendary edition controller not detected

by ColSugarLemons

Original Post

Re: ME: Legendary edition controller not detected

★★★ Newbie

My dude thank you. I was having the issue, on the launcher controller worked and once in game nothing. I was having a problem with nier automata also not picking up controller which I will have to redownload to check now, but I disabled all consumer control devices (6 of them) and it worked. Thank you my dude.

Message 61 of 68 (2,425 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, does anyone know if there has been any update or acknowledgement from EA / bioware on this? I have the same issue of controllers working in the menu but not in the game itself. Tried all the setup etc in big picture mode, and I have no other controllers/sticks plugged in, just mouse and keyboard. Frustrating as we bought the game specifically to play on the sofa.

Message 62 of 68 (2,356 Views)

★ Novice

I found this. It fixed my issues. It was an HID compliant game controller that was doing it for me.

https://youtu.be/-jBLTHt4UWE

Message 63 of 68 (2,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I´ve tried most methods and workarounds (launching through steam, etc) but nothing seems to work. Anyone have another method? Has bioware or EA said anything about this? My controller works like a charm with other games but Mass effect legendary edition? nope. 

Message 64 of 68 (2,246 Views)

★★ Novice

Try again now? Seems to be working for me now.

Message 65 of 68 (2,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Dual Shock 4 and DS4 this is not working except in the launcher. EA and BioWare please fix this. Its not acceptable for a full price game.

Message 66 of 68 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox elite series 2 controller not working in game (works in launcher), have tried disabling HID compliant gaming controller, tweaking steam configs, launching through the origin launcher/etc., no dice.

Message 67 of 68 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@JudasRooker had the right idea, however that version is outdated.

It is now called GlosSI and you can get it here.

I had the issue where my controller would strictly only work in the launcher and never after I started MELE1. I tried absolutely everything listed in this thread and nothing worked. After an hour of game time wasted (an about 4 hours IRL) of troubleshooting I downloaded GlosSI and followed every direction and FINALLY got every controller I own to work during and after the launch screen. Seriously, guys, follow the link and give it a shot.

Message 68 of 68 (806 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help