ME: Legendary edition controller not detected

by ColSugarLemons

Original Post

Re: ME: Legendary edition controller not detected

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. I'm using a PS4 controller connected to my computer via usb. Seems to work entirely fine on the launcher window but when I launch ME1 the controller is no longer recognized at all. If I disconnect my mouse and keyboard from my computer and only have the controller plugged in, ME1 will actually crash with no error message and return me to the ME launcher.

Please fix this Bioware (game looks beautiful so far so great job there, but this is immersion breaking not having controllers working)

Message 21 of 68 (2,755 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with an xbox one controller. I have tried wired BT big picture mode restarting everything. Launching from steam and origin. I have modified all settings I can find but nothing seems to make the controller work. The only place it does work is on the main screen before you select which game to play. 

Message 22 of 68 (2,743 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same.  I have access to both an Xbox 360 controller (That should work with Steam) and a PS4 Controller (Same).  I have enabled both of them via Big Picture mode and I get a fat load of NOTHING.  It's really upsetting.  Mouse and Keyboard don't work for the ME1 part.  I have a feeling they'd work fine in the other 2 but I really want to start at the beginning and work my way up again.  Slightly upset that this seems to be such a HUGE issue for so many people.

Message 23 of 68 (2,728 Views)

★ Novice

Using GLoSC works. I was having the same issue with an Xbox Series X controller and origin playing on a shield. Added the launcher to steam through GLoSC, unchecked the box for closing the overlay when the program closed, since it was the launcher,  added it to steam and launched through there. Controller works in all the games. 

A little bit of a workaround, but i’m just happy it works. Hopefully it will help someone else.

Message 24 of 68 (2,714 Views)

Re: PC Origin version of the game with poor XBONE controller support

★★ Novice
@Zazzuki Unfortunately I tried both of my XBONE controllers (I think both are newer) and same issue. I might see if I can download the new Beta software that's replacing Origin to see if it's an Origin issue. I disabled Origin overlay just in case that's the issue and I don't think that's the issue.
Message 25 of 68 (2,490 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Xbox Series X gamepad on PC using Origin. Works okay in launcher, tried in all 3 games and none worked
Message 26 of 68 (2,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

Xbox 360 controller here. Doesn't get detected in the Launcher even. I can't understand how this gets past QA. 

Message 27 of 68 (2,647 Views)

★★ Novice
@ColSugarLemons Any luck yet? I’m using a Steelseries controller. I’ll try PS4 and XBox next.
Message 28 of 68 (2,616 Views)

★★ Novice
@JudasRooker What’s GLoSC?
Message 29 of 68 (2,610 Views)

★★ Novice

xbox series x controller over Bluetooth and controller works but with lots of lag and input delay. 

Message 30 of 68 (2,574 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help