Legendary Edition with messed up polish localization.

by Grzesi0_o

Original Post

Re: Legendary Edition with messed up polish localization.

★★ Guide

Yes. I am waiting for the answer that will satisfy me. I can even accept simple "We are sorry that we fu* it up"

Message 11 of 42 (721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont

Message 12 of 42 (695 Views)

★★ Guide

So, how long I have to wait for fix? For a patch? Mass Effect Legendary Edition Box says that I can play with ENGLISH voices and POLISH subtitles, and I still cant do that. When this will be fixed?

I added screenshot below.

This is a lie and no answer on that from EA or Bioware makes me worried that they dont even care about players and buyers, they only care about money.

Message 13 of 42 (577 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Grzesi0_o EA Take Choice From Players! Make it possible to select voiceovers and subtitles separately!
Message 14 of 42 (546 Views)

★★ Guide
@Grzesi0_o Friend, Russian fans have the same problem. At one time, we released a dulling in Russian for the very first part of the series (and only for the first). But he turned out to be terrible, miserable, disgusting, because they always played about him with English voice acting and Russian subtitles. But in the remaster they took away the choice, now in the first part to play either completely in English, or in Russian, but with this terrible Russian voice acting. We are also trying to achieve the ability to switch voice acting while preserving the native language of text and subtitles. It is sad to see that EA did this not only to the Russians, but also to you. Do they really care so much about the fans? You should have already noticed that the people are dissatisfied, but they are still silent. In general, know that you are not alone and we are with you. Let's hope that the problem will be solved soon and the entire fan community, regardless of country, will be able to enjoy the game as they want. Please keep us informed of developments and your situation. Good luck to all of us!
Message 15 of 42 (526 Views)

★★ Guide
@holger1405 And what do you suggest? Buy the game again, but already the international version? Games are not cheap to buy two copies of the same game, especially since publishers treat fans that way. Not to mention the fact that it is not easy and simple to buy this international version everywhere, many will have to overpay more, and it will turn out as if you bought 3 (!) copies of the game at the start, and I already regret that I took one too. The fact that in 2021 there are still regional restrictions should be warned in advance, before the release. And, at least, on the eve of the release (a little less than a week), we had news that we can safely choose the voice acting language without affecting the language of the text and subtitles, but it turned out that we were cruelly deceived.
Message 16 of 42 (522 Views)

★★ Guide

Still waiting. Bump.

Message 17 of 42 (485 Views)

@BAN333 

I suggest nothing, just informing people about there options.

I neither like the restrictions on the international version, were you can't change subtitles and audio separately, nor do I like the politics of language locking Russian and Polish versions EA practises since... well always.

If you search my post history, you will find post from 5-6 years ago where I stated the same.

EA has reasons for doing this, but I don't think this will help, on the contrary, it will make things worse.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 42 (471 Views)

★★ Guide
@holger1405 There is no reason for any, that is, in our case, the game was never released by the publisher itself with this godless Russian voice acting. In Steam, it is sold purely in English, and in Origin (the version in which appeared long after the release of Russian voice acting) it comes with Russian subtitles and with English voice acting. If some crazy people wanted to play with the Russian dubble, then they themselves looked for an installer file somewhere and installed it manually. So here they themselves apparently decided that there is, so they need to shove it in. Moreover, in the second and third parts there is no such thing, there by default there is English voice acting and Russian text. So there are not some strict regional restrictions, as, for example, in Skyrim, which on all platforms and all publications came with Russian dubbing. Right now they decided to insert it, deciding that it might be more convenient for us. But this is not so, because not only is she incredibly terrible in everything, in voices, acting, inserts that are not in the original and which completely change the images of some characters. This has never happened before in the second and third parts of the series. So it turns out some kind of resonance: first Russian voices, then English, and this is, at least, stupid
Message 19 of 42 (448 Views)

@BAN333 

Adding the Russian voice-over for people that might find it convenient, was not the reason I talked about, and imho also not the reason EA locked the settings in this way.   Wink

As said, I don't like it either, it is bad politics imho, but I never saw them change the regional lock, so I doubt they will do it this time. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 42 (430 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help