Re: Legendary Edition with messed up polish localization.

by Grzesi0_o

Original Post

★★ Guide

ANother Bump.

Message 31 of 42 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I will try to lay out what's exactly an issue here, maybe this will be helpful with reporting it forward.

ME Legendary Edition doesn't have a separate language / subtitles selection screen like a lot of modern games. This simple option allows to play non-English speaking players a game translated to their native language while still being able to hear English voiceovers (or any other they pick). Language selection here is limited only to a full language instead (both audio and subtitles are mapped to a single option).

So with this design flaw, a lot of non-English speaking players are limited to play Mass Effect games either using audio dubbed in their native language or going full English. From what I saw, this is frequently mentioned by Russian, French and Polish players who didn't enjoyed ME dubbed to their language and preferred to play with English voiceovers and still keeping subtitles in their native language. It may not seem like to big deal, but this limitation offers a huge disservice to players who would like to play the game translated into their native language with being able to hear English voiceovers.

Polish version is especially messed up on this front as each game has some really awful consistency and immersion-breaking issues.

- Mass Effect 1 in Legendary Edition has audio fully dubbed in Polish that vastly differs from a main game that was released in English version. Because of these differences and licensing issues by multiple distributors, the game was released in multiple language versions in Poland when it originally launched - with English audio and Polish subtitles on Xbox 360 by Microsoft Poland, fully English on Origin by EA, and with combination of Polish dubbing and polish subtitles / English audio and polish subitles to choose in retail PC versions by CD Projekt.

- Mass Effect 2 was fully dubbed in Polish by EA Poland with a completely different cast who appeared in Mass Effect 1. Polish dub wasn't well received and a lot of PC players were editing files to play with English audio and Polish subtitles. There are some DLCs that originally weren't translated at all (Arrival, Genesis and Lair of the Shadow Broker), so players were forced to download translations done by fans. ME2 Legendary Edition has main game fully dubbed in Polish and these missing dlcs has Polish subtitles and English audio. This creates an experience that is really immersion-breaking as some dialogues can be heard interchangeably in two different languages.

- Mass Effect 3 has only English audio and Polish subtitles, which is a format a lot of Polish players would appreciate being able like to play in Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. Having this option could really help with keeping the experience cohesive and consistent with multiple games as all of the characters will share same voice actors who played them.

This issue keeps poping up on a lot of forums, reddits and platforms and could really be a massive quality of life update to players who would enjoy this option. While players on PC were already able to sort this issue on their own, console players are only able to share how dissatisfied they're and being hopeful someone from EA and BioWare will hear them out.

Message 32 of 42 (983 Views)

★★ Guide

Still waiting for fix, update, patch whatever. Please tell us when Bioware/EA will fix it.

Message 33 of 42 (949 Views)

★★ Guide

BUMP.

Message 34 of 42 (903 Views)

★★ Guide

BUMP

Message 35 of 42 (871 Views)

★★ Guide

BUMP...

Message 36 of 42 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's really disappointing no one even bothers to say if these suggestions and hopes for this are heard or passed to the dev team. If there isn't any possibility to add this feature, I'm sure people would appreciate having at least official statement on this matter. There is at least few fans from non-English speaking countries who are spending their time to signal this issue. Dismissing this altogether is really unprofessional

Message 37 of 42 (808 Views)

★★ Guide

BUMP. Waitng for answer.

Message 38 of 42 (781 Views)

★★ Guide

Still waiting.

Message 39 of 42 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

BUMP.

Is it really that hard to give a simple "YES we will fix it, NO we will not" answer? Why Answers HQ exist if I cant find any answer on my question? You are useless and pointless.

Message 40 of 42 (696 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help