Legendary Edition not showing in my library

by Number1HangeStan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legendary Edition not showing in my library

★★★★ Novice

Hiya,

I preordered ME: LE like 10 hours ago (paypal + 20 in origin gift cards) and it's just not in my library - I have a friend who also pre ordered and it is in their library.

It was instantly for them - and isn't for me.

Is there any way to help w/ this?

Thanks,

Sam

Message 1 of 6 (3,335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Legendary Edition not showing in my library

★ Guide

I only have two guesses.

1) your library might be filtering to show installed games and your friends is showing everything hence you wouldnt see the game that isnt out yet. 

2) it's possible your friend paid by card or another method that is basically instant and your payment method being paypal might take a few days to go through and be confirmed, especially if there is a down payment. If there was a down payment then a card would pay that upfront while i dont think paypal does that until closer to launch? 

Did you get an email confirming your purchase at least?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,298 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I only have two guesses.

1) your library might be filtering to show installed games and your friends is showing everything hence you wouldnt see the game that isnt out yet. 

2) it's possible your friend paid by card or another method that is basically instant and your payment method being paypal might take a few days to go through and be confirmed, especially if there is a down payment. If there was a down payment then a card would pay that upfront while i dont think paypal does that until closer to launch? 

Did you get an email confirming your purchase at least?

Message 2 of 6 (3,299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I got an email, will wait for a few days and see what happens ig.

Message 3 of 6 (3,237 Views)

★ Novice

the same thing happened to me but i paid w Card. I guess i will just wait a few days.

Message 4 of 6 (3,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue, except I pre-ordered with a credit card on 02/19/2021. It has been five business days and the game has still not shown up in my library, whereas in the past it was always instant. Is this something I should be worried about or will the game just appear when the payment is finally taken from my credit card?

Message 5 of 6 (2,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @CloudStrife1C and anyone still running into this!

Not to worry, if you're not seeing the game showing up in your library there shouldn't be anything to be concerned about at this point. Standard smile

When pre-ordering a game the funds are typically not taken until roughly a week before release, just depending on the specific payment method. There is a bit more information about that process here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/pre-ordering-games-on-origin/

Until that payment is taken you'll likely see the order still processing in your order history,and won't see that appear in your actual library until this completes.

If this still isn't visible in the last few days leading up to launch however, please do reach out to an advisor so they can take a look at the account and order to make sure there aren't any issues.

Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,914 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help