Re: Help needed! Unable to launch MELE from Steam.

by rmwardhana

Original Post

Help needed! Unable to launch MELE from Steam.

★★★★ Novice

Last year I finished the LE trilogy without any problems. However, when I wanted to play it again now, the game cannot be launched from Steam. When launching from Steam the EA App said "Something went wrong... To continue linking your EA Account, head back and start over." I did, and it keeps repeating that. EA App also couldn't be linked to my Steam account. Neither the EA App nor Origin also doesn't seem to recognize my ownership of the game through Steam, and they also asked for a product key which is only available for retail purchase as far as I know.

Message 1 of 9 (1,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello @rmwardhana,

did you by any chance unlink your Steam account and EA account in recent months?

I would ask you to empty the cache in both Steam and the EA App, and log yourself out and back in on both accounts before trying again.

Here is also an article about the linking of those two accounts:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/link-ea-and-steam/

- Pythia

Pythia.png
Bitte schickt mir keine Direktnachrichten für Support - taggt mich im Forum @EA_Pythia
Message 2 of 9 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi Pythia,

1. I don't believe I have unlinked anything;

2. How do I empty the caches, please?

3. When I tried to log in to the EA App with Steam, it always says:

"There's been an error."

"Your EA credentials may have expired, please try again or reset your password."

Help needed! I've even been scouring articles that suggest running the cmd with sfc/ scannow and such commands and yet MELE still doesn't launch. There are also people suggesting uninstalling the EA App and switching back to Origin. Did that, same result. So, both the EA App and even Origin don't recognize my MELE on Steam!

Message 3 of 9 (1,647 Views)

[ Edited ]

@rmwardhana 

rmwardhana wrote:

1. I don't believe I have unlinked anything;

Go to your EA account profile page (Connections) and look if your Steam account shows as connected.

@rmwardhana wrote:

2. How do I empty the caches, please?

In EA app > Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner > Help > App recovery > Clear cache

You should log out and in again, in both accounts as @EA_Pythia  suggested.

If you receive this error message, it is also a good idea to change your EA account password.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 9 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Pythia @holger1405 

I have followed your instructions.

1. Steam is not connected to EA App, when I tried to log in to EA App via Steam, "Something went wrong...To continue linking your EA Account, head back and start over."

2. I've emptied the caches as you told me, but still no progress.

3. I have also tried logging in and out of both Steam and EA App.

Please help.

Message 5 of 9 (1,605 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @rmwardhana,

when you previously played the game, was Steam connected to the same EA account that you are currently trying to connect it to? Or is there a chance that you were using a different EA account at that time?

Also, please follow Holger1405's suggestion and try to create a new EA password and see if that potentially fixes the issue.

- Pythia

Pythia.png
Bitte schickt mir keine Direktnachrichten für Support - taggt mich im Forum @EA_Pythia
Message 6 of 9 (1,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Pythia@holger1405

1. I'm sure that my Steam is connected to the same EA Account since another EA game that I owned through Steam, Dragon Age: Origins, shows up on the EA App. It does not make sense that one would show up while the other doesn't.

2. I have tried to reset the passwords etc. and tinker with ways to log in. When I try to log in through Steam, it says "There's been an error. Your EA credentials may have expired, please try again or reset your password." When I log in with email, I'm able to enter the App but ME: LE does not show up. It's the same when I log in with my EA ID. I have reset all my EA-related passwords to no avail.

3. When I press play on Steam, it says "Something went wrong... To continue linking your EA Account, head back and start over."

4. When I click the game's .exe directly, EA App says I "don't have access, this title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log into a different account or restart the app to try again." Yet I am the only user on my PC, and I don't have any other account and I have restarted the app numerous times.

It just goes round and around and it's frustrating, I just wanna play the game.

Message 7 of 9 (1,511 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @rmwardhana,

I understand how frustrating this is. As you're getting a "You don't have access" message when you try to play the game, it might be related to a known issue that is currently being worked on. There is no solution for it yet, though it's being worked on as a high priority. I would suggest checking in there and maybe wait until there is a solution posted there before trying again. This will eliminate that it's not the same issue. If you still have this problem after the solution for the "You don't have access" issue is solved, please let us know and we'll continue helping you.

- Pythia 

Pythia.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Open EA app clear cache. Make sure steam is closed, after that turn off your router and unplug it, wait 2 min plug your router open EA app after that Steam and try to start a game.

Steam should connect with your EA.

Message 9 of 9 (1,365 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help