GeForceNow - can't launch the game

by knightsjoker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GeForceNow - can't launch the game

★★★★ Novice

Bought the game from steam yesterday as soon as it is announced it's going to be available on GeForce Now.

First time launched on GFN, it's fine.  It connected to steam and it launched EA launcher asking for my login ID.  The game launched just fine.

Exited the game for a break.  

Second time launched on GFN, it connected to steam, it launched Origin, and now it's stuck on the steam page.  Can't even launch the game. 

This has something to do with origin.

And no i can't clean origin cache or uninstall origin.  I'm using GeForce Now. 

Need fix please. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 12 (14,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GeForceNow - can't launch the game

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution. Sign into Origin app on your pc, go to the settings for the game, and turn off cloud saves. The game doesn’t even have to be installed to access the setting. Hope this helps. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (14,244 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same exact thing is happening to me. Launched first time no problem now it won't go past steam. I saw gfn was patching the game yesterday, it wouldn't let me play for a few hours. If that's what they were trying to patch it didn't fix it.

Message 2 of 12 (14,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same iss using GFN with my Shield Pro TV 2019. However when I use the windows client there is a prompt after logging in with Origin about a syncing issue and the option to continue even though the last sync was not completed. So my guess the issue is both a syncing issue and that the prompt to get past that issue is inaccessible with the Android Shield client.

Message 3 of 12 (14,392 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @Soundvessel, @knightsjoker, @njoycey, what device are you using to play GeForce Now on?

/Atic

Message 4 of 12 (14,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_AticI am using android tablet (Samsung Tab S8 ultra) GeForce Now app through steam login.

I can also use my mac GeForce Now app to login to steam which can bypass origin save cloud problem.

But on GeForce Now android app, the origin window did not show the cloud save option. It just hangs on the steam big picture.

Message 5 of 12 (14,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic

The issue occurs on my Android Shield TV Pro (2019 model). When I instead use the windows GFN app I get a prompt from Origin after that log in about an unfinished sync. The prompt allows me to launch anyways on that platform. The prompt appears to be missing when attempting to launch on the Sheild preventing launch. I confirmed I can log into Origin correctly as I played some other games requiring that login.

So there might be technically two issues involved — a syncing issue with Origin and the prompt about the syncing issue being inaccessible on Android (Shield TV Pro).

EDIT: Yup, sounds exactly like the same issue as @knightsjoker 

Message 6 of 12 (14,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic 

For reference here are others experiencing the same issue:

1. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-general-chat/20/494873/span-classhighlightmassspan-s...
  2. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-tech-support/46/494865/span-classhighlightmassspan-s...
  3. https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/vbj1wa/yesterday_geforce_now_said_they_were_patching/
  4. https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/va7t0a/mass_effect_not_working/

I recommend first getting nVidia to recognize the widespread issue by adding a message to their GFN status page. We all would appreciate a single point of truth to the status of the situation and when a resolution will be in place.

Message 7 of 12 (14,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried on both my phone and my shield pro. Haven't tried on the computer yet cause thats not why I got gfn. I got the prompt when I tried on the shield to launch anyway after the sync didn't work but it still didn't launch the game. Also having the same issue now with nfs heat. I'm tempted to try every origin based game I have on gfn now.

Message 8 of 12 (14,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution. Sign into Origin app on your pc, go to the settings for the game, and turn off cloud saves. The game doesn’t even have to be installed to access the setting. Hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 12 (14,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That looks like a good solution. It doesn't work though if you're playing the game entirely on GFN on an Android device like the Shield, without access to a PC.

With a bit of effort, I managed to log in to the Origin website on my Shield via Steam. That shows a settings button on the game page in my library, but this only lets you add it to the favourites, and doesn't bring up any settings options.

Message 10 of 12 (14,157 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help