Re: Game keeps minimizing to desktop?

by Aveliexa

Original Post

Game keeps minimizing to desktop?

★★ Novice

Am I the only one having the game keep minimizing to desktop? I played fine for 5 hours then suddenly my game minimized itself. The game is still running, I can hear the music, but I can't get it to stay open on my screen for the life of me. Every time I click on the icon on the taskbar to bring it back up it just goes right back to desktop.  I know xbox is crashing but I can't find anything about PC issues. I'm trying to stream it tomorrow and I literally can't play. I bought through Origin. 

Message 1 of 29 (7,858 Views)

@emd281 

In most cases, a background programme is responsible for such problems.
Disable any background task you have and test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 29 (7,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope this is due to having two or more monitors and the game even at fullscreen allows the mouse to move to the other monitor, when you click to shoot and this is the case, the game minimizes. * worst remaster ever.

Message 3 of 29 (7,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem - seems to happen to me if I try to change my fullscreen resolution to anything other than my native resolution. My native resolution is 3840 x 2160, but if I try to set the ingame resolution to 2560 x 1440 the game minimises itself and clicking on the taskbar or alt-tabbing cause it to flash up for a few seconds and then minimise it again.

I have all my background apps closed as far as possible, so that's not the issue here. The game isn't handling lower resolutions correctly.

Edit: a possible solution at the moment is to wait until the graphics settings revert themselves (since you won't be able to accept them), then try setting the resolution again. This seemed to work for be, but could be a fluke.

Edit again: unfortunately though, the only way to fix the problem if the settings were already set (and you're just starting up the game again) is to edit the config files.

After more experimentation, closing Discord seems to fix the problem? Although it could just be a random thing again.

Message 4 of 29 (7,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happens to me during the same spot in the first cutscene after creating a character in ME1, at the same point every time and I can't go back into the game.  Which means ME1 is unplayable for me.

Message 5 of 29 (7,730 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue where my game will randomly minimize when I have no background programs open other than origin, but when I click on the icon the game reopens for me.

Message 6 of 29 (7,657 Views)

★ Novice

So if I disable my second monitor it should work? 

Message 7 of 29 (7,484 Views)

★ Novice
@emd281 I've shut down my second monitor shut down/deleted background programs like steam/origin overlays. The problem persists. What is odd that its intermittent. I've played 62 hours, finished ME1, and now playing ME2. I am unable to play anymore due to this issue.
Message 8 of 29 (7,257 Views)

★★ Novice

I never found a solution for the issue. I got so upset that I bought the game again through steam on release day and got a refund on the origin version.

Message 9 of 29 (7,249 Views)

★ Novice
@emd281 I purchased my copy from Steam.
Message 10 of 29 (7,235 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help