Re: File for Saved Game in folder, but does not show up in game.

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

File for Saved Game in folder, but does not show up in game.

★★★★★ Newbie

So I started playing through ME1 on my PC and got about six hours into the game.

When I tried to load it up again this morning, the game did not have any save files present. I checked the file location where saves exist (C:\Users\Gener\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Save\ME1\PROFILE), and the file is there, but it does not appear in the game itself and only gives me the option to start a new career. I even tried opening the file via ME1 to see if that would force the game to recognize it, but it still wasn't appearing in the game.

Does anybody know of a way to fix this? I would prefer to not have to start over.

Thanks in advance,

GeneralCalobe

Message 1 of 2 (1,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

You may try copying the file somewhere safe, then restart a game character with a new character, just do one fast all basic choices and then save as soon as you can.  Yes I said copy not cut, so you then have two copies, one extra just in case the game overwrites or pulls a fast one, you don't lose your save file.  Once you have the new save, check to see if it will load, and then check to see if you can switch characters to the old character.

This does two things, one it checks to see if it is just an odd glitch, and checks to see if your game has the ability to save and load a character or if it is that save specific.

I would also suggest having multiple saves run at least 5 and preferably 10+, just in case a save gets corrupted,  so you don't lose the entire play through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,492 Views)

All Replies

You may try copying the file somewhere safe, then restart a game character with a new character, just do one fast all basic choices and then save as soon as you can.  Yes I said copy not cut, so you then have two copies, one extra just in case the game overwrites or pulls a fast one, you don't lose your save file.  Once you have the new save, check to see if it will load, and then check to see if you can switch characters to the old character.

This does two things, one it checks to see if it is just an odd glitch, and checks to see if your game has the ability to save and load a character or if it is that save specific.

I would also suggest having multiple saves run at least 5 and preferably 10+, just in case a save gets corrupted,  so you don't lose the entire play through.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (1,493 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help