Re: Do this game have Denuvo?

by Sharples65

Original Post

Does this game have Denuvo?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So I bought this game on Steam and have seen conflicting reports about whether this game has Denuvo or not. The store page for Mass Effect Legendary Edition does not show a third-party Denuvo warning anywhere.

However, there are many people on Reddit and in the Steam forums that 'appear' to confirm that Denuvo anti-tamper is within this game, and if so, is without the knowledge of the consumer?

Can somebody at EA confirm if Denuvo Anti-Tamper is in this game? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (2,185 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just like to add to my post that it seems like Denuvo Anti-Tamper was removed from Legendary Edition.

I don't have an issue with Denuvo being on my system, even though it is controversial. The bigger problem is that EA was quiet about the whole ordeal and didn't say a single thing on the matter. How can players expect confidence in the future that this won't happen again? What's wrong with admitting you have an anti-tamper program on the store page of Legendary Edition?

EA should be ashamed for being so quiet on the subject.

Message 2 of 4 (1,996 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sharples65 

If you buy the game you accept among other things the ELECTRONIC ARTS USER AGREEMENT

Under point 7 you will find this:
"EA utilizes technical or content protection measures, developed by EA or third-party partners, for EA Services in order to prevent piracy and the unauthorized copying or use of EA Games. Attempting to circumvent, disable or tamper with these measures shall terminate this license."

So by excepting the user Agreement you excepted the use of Denuvo.

Denuvo is itm the gold standard of copyright protection software, and so it is almost a giving that this software is used.

More surprising is that they have already freed the game from it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 4 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I know that EA was going to have a clause like this somewhere, and that isn't a problem. Or rather, it doesn't state what anti-tamper is being used. For honesty sake, consumers should be allowed to know what software is being installed on their system. There's very little of this trust in the system, if we take SecuROM as a example.

Whereas other companies clearly state 3rd-party DRM being in function, EA does not choose to disclose such a thing. Undermining whatever little trust this company had left anyway. I'd like to show you something on the Steam Store page on what the right way to show something is.

Denuvo.png

This is all that was simply needed to be done to prove of it's existence. Let the consumer decides whether or not they want to buy the game if it's bundled with this anti-tamper software instead of not disclosing and hiding it in the user agreement. Which doesn't even state what anti-tamper technology is being used in the first place.

EA doesn't trust it's consumers. It's sad that we must speculate of it's existence. Irrespective of whether EA used it or not, a confirmation was all that was needed.

Message 4 of 4 (1,937 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help