Re: Conflicting Info / Can I Transfer PS4 Save to PS5?

by ErikJtheK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Conflicting Info / Can I Transfer PS4 Save to PS5?

★★ Novice

Hi EA Team and Community,

There is conflicting information abound on what I consider to be a very important topic: is it possible to start playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PS4 and then continue with the same save on a PS5, allowing continued progress without starting over?

See this May 13th GameSpot article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-cross-saves-will-transfer-on-xbox-no...

The article states:

"Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is playable on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, but only one platform will let you transfer saves if you started playing Legendary Edition on the last generation. According to notes provided by EA, Xbox consoles will support cross-save transfers, but PlayStation will not."

However, this question was asked in May on this very topic here on this very community and answered differently: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/Mass-effect-legendary-edition-ps4-save-to-ps...

According to @EA_Atic:

"...saves are cross gen for PS4 - to PS5 that will work."

A quick Google and Reddit search will yield more conflicting results - gamers who claim to have tried this and it didn't work and gamers who claim to have tried this and it did work.

How can we get a definitive answer to this question?  Can someone at EA confirm whether or not PS4 ME:LE saves can be moved to PS5, allowing gamers to pick up on the PS5 where they leave off on PS4?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 8 (2,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @ErikJtheK your ME:L save should transfer from PS4 to PS5 without issue.

You can find more info about moving saves here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,711 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ErikJtheK your ME:L save should transfer from PS4 to PS5 without issue.

You can find more info about moving saves here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,712 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Darko!

Do you know why there is so much info out there saying that this doesn't work for ME:LE?

Message 3 of 8 (2,650 Views)

@ErikJtheK 

Possible because of this Article that had the wrong information in it and was used later by other outlets. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (2,640 Views)

★★ Novice
@holger1405 Thanks!

Yes, that does seem to be the one everyone cites. Well, I'm glad to know this will work!
Message 5 of 8 (2,617 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to help @ErikJtheK.

A lot of the time one person picks some information up wrong and it spreads from there.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (2,600 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Community -

In case anyone has this same question in the future (due to the confusing initial info in several articles and Reddit posts)...

I can confirm that the transfer of save data from PS4 to PS5 works just fine for ME:LE.  I just completed the transfer and picked up where I left off.

EA gave us great info here.  Thanks!

Cheers!

Message 7 of 8 (2,493 Views)

Community Manager
@ErikJtheK
Thanks for popping back in to confirm and let us know!
Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,468 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help