Re: character transfer

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Character transfers in Legendary Edition

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have 2 questions both related somewhat to character transfers across the games. These will relate to the pc version for me personally but I would still like to know for other versions.

1. If I already have a character on my computer from one of the ME games, will I be able to transfer that character into legendary edition keeping my levels, gear, etc.

2. If I beat ME3 will I be able to transfer that character backwards into ME1, this one I would definitely understand if it weren't the case but would also find it a fun feature.

EDIT: Thought of a third question. Will ME4 be able to take a character that is on ME3, or will I need legendary edition.

[CM - Updated title for visibility]

Message 1 of 10 (4,077 Views)

@Shindoku98 

To 1.

I think this is very unlikely, these are different games.

To 2.

As in a new game +?

To 3.
ME4 would be Andromeda, there is no character import in Andomeda.

If you mean ME5, there is afaik no info if there will be a character import for that game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 10 (4,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

3. The next Mass Effect will likely not import save files directly. Instead, I expect them to use Mass Effect Archives just like Dragon Age uses Dragon Age Keep. You can already configure your world state for the trilogy.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (4,029 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Shindoku98,

I've not heard of any plans for the second or third questions to be the case (assuming you are talking about ME5, as Holger1405 mentioned).

As far as the first question though, I can give that a "yes... sort of" actually!

Though we don't natively support this due to some backend changes we've made, it will work to varying degrees in each game. However, please do so with caution as you might not get intended results.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 10 (4,011 Views)

Hero

A lot of people are informally referring to the next game as "Mass Effect 4" because they consider Andromeda a spinoff. I also see people use "NME" which is short for "Next Mass Effect". That was also what Andromeda was referred to before the title reveal.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 10 (3,995 Views)

@EA_Mako 

EA_Mako wrote:

As far as the first question though, I can give that a "yes... sort of" actually!

Though we don't natively support this due to some backend changes we've made, it will work to varying degrees in each game. However, please do so with caution as you might not get intended results.

Now that is intriguing.

e72d53b9_i_am_intrigued.jpeg

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 6 of 10 (3,984 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@holger1405 I'm sure they're just planning on recreating the story selection thingy they did before. Forget what it was called. Not a true import.
Message 7 of 10 (3,932 Views)

★ Novice

EA Mako:  As far as the first question though, I can give that a "yes... sort of" actually! Though we don't natively support this due to some backend changes we've made, it will work to varying degrees in each game.

How? I have characters I'd like to import from ME1 to ME:LE1, specifically to be able to try/play them in Legendary Edition, but also because I'd like to be able to access the bonus talents with a new character.

Message 8 of 10 (2,832 Views)

★★ Novice

Definetely this!

I want to play an Infiltrator with an Assault Rifle. I am searchen the web for any solution on thi, but so far I found nothing.
For me this is an essential thing.
I want to have to have the bonus talent. Even it it´s only Warp. :>

Message 9 of 10 (2,519 Views)

@Mokkaqueen 

There are no penalties for using a Assault Rifle with an Infiltrator anymore.

All class related penalties are removed in the MELE.

Message 10 of 10 (2,437 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help