Armax Arena Jack

by Duel-of-Fate

Original Post

Armax Arena Jack

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

See Attachment:

Playing on Insanity of Mass Effect 3 Legendary (Citadel DLC)  PC - Steam.

• Please fix the per-assigned points given to Jack (and to Wrex) Unprofessional.
  • Jack has a kitana 1 and predator 1 (shotgun and handgun) this is in the Armax Arena where you meet her. This very scene should require a Weapon Load-out like ALL other times. Why is this overlooked? Unprofessional.

I thought this was a Remaster not a game full glitches/bugs...

Message 1 of 21 (1,088 Views)

Re: Armax Arena Jack

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Duel-of-Fate Regarding the points screen, I believe you posted something like this earlier, but didn’t elaborate when asked. What seems to be the issue here?

And regarding Jack’s Citadel meet-up, I can’t recall ever seeing a load out screen for that, though I could be just not remembering it. Maybe someone else can confirm. If not, though, then it makes sense since she’s the one that set the match up, not you.
Message 2 of 21 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Guide

It sounds like they're referring to the fact that all Citadel DLC exclusive squadmates (like Wrex and Jack) have 1 fewer skill points than normal squdmates. 

This was the case in the original, and it seems like an intentional decision to me.

Message 3 of 21 (1,042 Views)

@DocTheGamer 

That's exactly what it is.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 21 (1,027 Views)

That and the level one weapons.

SD Signature Banner

Message 5 of 21 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DocTheGamer
"This was the case in the original, and it seems like an intentional decision to me."

But why would it be? Like... It makes zero sense.

Message 6 of 21 (995 Views)

★★★ Guide

I can't speak for Bioware. Personally I think it's interesting because it forces you to make more than one decision. With the normal amount of skill points you can fully upgrade everything except for one skill that stays at 3, so you only have to pick that one skill. With 1 fewer points you can have one skill with 4 and one with 5 instead, so you have two choices to make.

In any case it seems entirely plausible that this was intentional, but only they could say.

Message 7 of 21 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I mean, I get it, it could be intentional, but it is so random and such an insignificant way to make it "harder". If you're playing on a higher difficulty, you'll either pick your trusty ME3 squadmates anyway, or you'll be so OP that it won't matter. If you play on Casual or Normal, well... Again, squadmates don't matter there, you'll obliterate everything.

These extra squadmates will also have crappy base weapons... But that doesn't really matter either, since squadmates are hella useless in ME apart from when you control their abilities. I made a habit of watching how a single husk obliterates my squadmates who refuse to fkin shoot at it. Doesn't really matter if it's a level 10 Mattock or a level 1 Avenger when you don't use it, lol.

Idunno, could be an intentional decision, but I have my money on a simple human error.

Message 8 of 21 (955 Views)

★★★ Guide

Of course, I didn't say anything about difficulty. I agree that in general the squadmates aren't particularly useful one way or the other except to draw attention away from the player.

What I mean is that being forced to make more decisions in the skill tree is a plausible game design decision. I'm also not suggesting I agree with the decision or that it's very impactful, just that I don't think this is necessarily a bug.

Message 9 of 21 (947 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PakunaMatata Yes, I posted a post of Urdnot Wrex having pre-assigned skill points given to him without the liberty as a Player to personally assign him points. This is an RPG? And Mass Effect Trilogy is classified as an RPG with the concentration given to the player for the liberty of choices. This would include: In-game choices/consequences. And Gameplay Mechanics=weapons loadout and powers assigned to squadmates.
Message 10 of 21 (890 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help