Are the rumors actually true about Miranda?

by Princess_Catra

Original Post

Re: EA censored Mass Effect and ignores real players...

@GrimReaperTaken wrote:

Edit: Again: Can someone explain? The original title was "Are the rumors actually true about Miranda?" and then the new title i see in my email notifications is "EA censored Mass Effect and ignores real players..." Did it get changed and just hasnt updated everywhere yet? 

Also i know the first four but who the heck are anita and zoey? are they games journalists or celebrities? 

It is likely that a thread or post was merged into this thread and the forum is acting wonky.  If you look at the top of this thread after clicking on last post to get here, then likely it will say EA censored, but if you go to the first page and look, it says Are the Rumors actually......

So I think the forum is just being wonky about this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 91 of 156 (626 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@nissan180sx95 She visited them? Oh god game over...
Message 92 of 156 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Sky2k5Yes she did. Frown https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/956644302301552641

And seems like Bioware aren't happy with her visit: https://youtu.be/6NHGLQkxBcg

Lol comments:

"Professional liar and political hack."

"Why does anyone allow this chick anywhere???"

"It's shocking that woman is still relevant"

"Last I checked everyone hates Anita sarkeesian"
"Anita "I never played video games until it profited me" Sarkeesian."

"I will never support anything that brings on Sarkesian on principle."

Message 93 of 156 (599 Views)

Re: Are the rumors actually true about Miranda?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have no problem with "strong" female characters like Aloy (Horizon: Zero Down), female protagonist in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla or Kait Diaz from Gears 5

I just want sexually attractive female characters too, like Miranda Lawson and Ashley Williams from Mass Effect, Widowmaker from Overwatch and Sindel from Mortal Kombat 11

I'm male and i want sexy girl as romance option. Hope Bioware will read it.

Message 94 of 156 (574 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@nissan180sx95 LOL!!! that's great news they have antibodies

@instasamka95 hell yeah! and don't forget liara Wink
Message 95 of 156 (570 Views)

Hero

@instasamka95 wrote:

I just want sexually attractive female characters too, like Miranda Lawson and Ashley Williams from Mass Effect, Widowmaker from Overwatch and Sindel from Mortal Kombat 11

Those characters aren't going away, though. They're adjusting a camera angle to fix tonal dissonance. Miranda's butt will not shrink in size, or anything like that. In fact, the texture definition will be higher than ever before!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 96 of 156 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Fred_vdp Not in MELE (though resetera cried about the censoring isn't enough so may be they delay and make Miranda's butt smaller :P ), but in newer BW games there are no beautiful women characters for male PCs for sure...
Message 97 of 156 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@instasamka95 wrote:

Unfortunately EA wil alwaysl listen to Twitter feminism activist instead of us, real fans and players. They're too scared of backlash from Twitter.

Bioware said “I do think a lot of things have evolved since [the original games],” meaning rise of feminism, MeToo and scandals in Hollywood

Twatter made it to easy for non fans to whine and complain about things they have no idea about i rly wish it would be shut down

To me this video was the most interesting video its long and in depth about Miranda as a character the lore and sexism in general it also shows the lenght they went to make her "sexy" things most people wouldn't think about it has low view count but it deserves a lot more in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDlpEpk5b9c

Message 98 of 156 (518 Views)

I'm sure there are plenty of other sites/places that will cater to your needs if pixel booty is *that* important Tongue out

mgs.328.png

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 99 of 156 (494 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought this was a remaster not a "woke"make??

I can totally understand optimizing the direction of the action, camera's maybe even improving the flow of some dialog.... (e.g The lengthy pause and twisted neck of Shep in ME3 prior to the final battle where he greets Hacket)

But to fundamentally AVOID the physical attributes of key characters.... IMO you've lost the intent (and the fans to a degree)

Shall we also amend Grunt as an exemplar for the pinnacle of physical Krogan development? "All Krogan's are created equally!!! and there should be no place for perfection!"..... Maybe give him a limp or something?? (I dunno what is considered unattractive for Krogan….)

Even though that was a key part of his character arc....Just like Miranda.... "Created" for a purpose but rising beyond that.

The characters wear their scars in different ways - some are tattoos,, some are cultural, some are emotional, some are the antithesis of the perception of what a "scar" is…. Like physical perfection....

Miranda's character is both self aware of her sex appeal / how she wields it as a weapon - whilst also thinking these are the upper limits of her character and she'll amount to nothing more than the vision of her creator who she despises. A perfect, gilded cage. I like the complexity of that narrative and its one of the things that gives that character depth. 

Message 100 of 156 (478 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help