Re: EA censored Mass Effect and ignores real players...

by budzai

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@budzaiHuh seems i totally missed the boat on that one here i thought i heard it all but seems i got slightly more digging to do very interesting!

oh yes i am fully aware of all those things plus all the other plot holes and "decisions matter EXCEPT those we choose to ignore in third game" like the rachni it was supposed to be a super big decision kill or let go but nope didnt * matter at all

Liara becoming the shadow broker and morrigan adviser to the empress i see both possible to happen there been many people who gone from the gutter to be politician or something else in high regard so this isnt impossible does it fit their character? NOPE!! but people can change both Liara and Morrigan was surrounded by very influential people for years that can affect them, did i like it? in Liaras case yes... in Morrigans its 50/50 i loved it coz i got my favourite char from Dragon age around me once again but what they did to her felt like she became a chicken in comparision to her earlier days.

The way i see the mass effect trilogy is like this ME1: investigate. ME2 Survive. ME3 80% Politics and 20% retaliation, retaliation might not best word of choice but i think u get my picture.

Main issue with ME3's ending or well ME3 in general is that it disregarded most of the choices in previous games at least thats how it felt to me also it was supposed to be the definitive end to the trilogy nothing more after that.. until they puked up Andromeda so going back to it now seems like a big WTF to me best would be to set it long long into the future at the end of Liaras life where everyone else is dead basically but then why bother going back? ugh so much of this shi't that dont make sense.

Like the entire legendary edition dont make sense.....
First thing i would do if i was in charge of it would be fire who ever it is that is so "Exited" about lens flares taking up half the screen The more i look at the comparisons the more disgusted by them i get :S i guess he / she never heard about "Less is more"

This screen made my day taken from Mass Effect Legendary Editions home page mhm totally accurate right?

Message 141 of 156 (850 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Naala As opposed to a "By SJWs, for SJWs" game that would not even get off the ground XD
Message 142 of 156 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Naala I have read it on the good old biowaresocialnetwork or something like that was its name. There was a thread about it. I hope I remember right.

Well, okay everything is possible, chaos theory, butterfly effects whatever. But realistically people might change their ideology or world view, but their core nature? Not really...
Personally I don't like how Liara and Morrigan were handled. Morrigan would use her kid to commit mass genocide sooner than becoming a nice mom. Especially how her own mother raised her.
Liara also had the problem of how blatantly BW pushed her as cannon love interest. Well guys, here is a thing: asaris are ugly.

I think I get your picture but the problem imo that ME2 should have been about building an alliance against the reapers and the third one should have been about the war. But both of these was in ME3...
Yeah working for Cerberus thing was good in theory, but it just created more problem with the story, and take away the time from building up the scene for the final conflict. It would have been a good a spin off though. My two favourite ME mission is still in ME2 though. The one on the dead reaper (the lovecraftian imagine was back there) and the suicide mission (expect the final boss) for obvious reasons.

And yes of course choices don't matter is a huge problem but I only listed my main story problems on the top of my head. So no argument from me here...

ON the end of the day the core problem with these two game series was that BW had good concepts but didn't have the balls to stick with them.
Because if Reapers are as strong as in ME1 the damage should have been way bigger in ME3.
And in Dargon Age... pro-trans Qunaris... They would be the last race to tolerate it.
Message 143 of 156 (797 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@budzai All good points of how things could have been, despite that just a reminder to EA/BioWare that we are hoping they at least make sure they don't do any unwanted changes the majority do not want, or at least give us an option for "original mode" to enjoy the original cut.

btw x.x I had liara for all 3 games lol, maybe I like em blue :D
Message 144 of 156 (774 Views)

Re: Are the rumors actually true about Miranda?

@instasamka95 wrote:
@Fred_vdp This video shows all cutscenes with focus on Miranda booty. All of them will be removed in remaster

If it's just a reframe (which I expect), nothing will be removed, it'll just be a wider shot.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 145 of 156 (730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SofaJockeyUK from what we've gathered so far they've adjusted the camera to be above the waist to "debutt". if what you say is true and it's a wider shot with everything in the picture then that is fine with me.
Message 146 of 156 (721 Views)

@Sky2k5 wrote:
@SofaJockeyUK from what we've gathered so far they've adjusted the camera to be above the waist to "debutt". if what you say is true and it's a wider shot with everything in the picture then that is fine with me.

If this is really important to some (I'd be surprised if it's many, but 'choices'), those people should wait until reviews or YouTube solves the riddle.

To entirely de-backside Miranda (or anyone else) in the game would be both improbable and unwanted.

I'm expecting that this adjustment will be just fine.

But we're going to have to wait and see. Wink

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 147 of 156 (691 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SofaJockeyUK crossing fingers that it'll work out. sadly the mere fact they announced it and how it was received (the motive) etc has already seemed to have lost a chunk of the audience who were interested. I guess we will see the proof of the pudding when its out finally.
Message 148 of 156 (667 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with you about censorship. In my 62 yrs i have seen things that would make you blush. No one should decide what you should play,watch, or read. It should be up to the person who play these games not the powers that be, if they go that route they have lost a loyal gamer.

Message 149 of 156 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do Bioware plans to uncensor ME:LE? Do they even read this?

Message 150 of 156 (600 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help