Anyone thinking twice?

by eegah01

Original Post

Anyone thinking twice?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone thinking twice about buying this game or others from EA/Bioware after the way the dropped support for ME:A at least as far a single player and Anthem?  Kind of has me worried about DA4, ME4 and ME legendary edition.   If they hit a bump in the road will they throw there hands up again and move on to something else?   I have loved Bioware games over the years but getting tired of the way they put out unfinished product and then a couple months wash there hand of it and move on.  Bioware has lost its magic I am afraid under EA and am worried they will never get it back.

Message 1 of 11 (1,289 Views)

Re: Anyone thinking twice?

★ Guide

Not even slightly.

Andromeda may have had flaws but the backlash to it was overkill, people getting way too aggresive over a game, it was smart of them to drop support for the game rather than deal with the  drama. As for anthem well, didn't really play it myself but seems like it just died off so quickly and got so much negative press that saving it was more work than focusing on something else. 

This isnt a new game, it's basically impossible for them to get backlash unless they somehow make it worse than the original trilogy like warcraft reforged did. all the content is there, they just have to bundle it, clean it up and put it out, weather some inevitable outrage from fanatics getting mad over a change or two and bam mission accomplished. 

New games  coming out we also can't worry about, we havnt seen a thing about them so cool your jets till you get your hands on it. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I like MEA myself and never understood the hate, I came late to anthem, got it on game pass and that game had potential. Gamers and Movie fans for that matter can sometime be there own worse enemies.  The gamers * they make the same type of game and say they want something new and when something new comes along they * that it’s not like the old games!

Message 3 of 11 (1,185 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@eegah01 MELE is unlikely to have ongoing support issues. It’s a single-player game, and just tweaked from the older releases. I’m sure they will fix bugs where needed, but it’s doubtful it will need major revisions.
Message 4 of 11 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@eegah01Dropping support for ME:A and Anthem is cause for concern over how they'll treat future titles, but not for MELE. It's a remaster with most of the core content left unchanged. Basically, it's the same game, just prettier. I don't see how they can possibly screw this up... I mean other than not including MP.

And I don't particularly care for the fact that Bioware is under EA either, but I want to show support for Bioware.

Message 5 of 11 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]

The remaster is done, it's not a live service, there's no DLC.

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned. Standard smile

And there is the secondary bonus that MELE doing well is surely going to increase EA support (and financing) for Mass Effect 5.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 11 (982 Views)

★ Guide
@SofaJockeyUK agreed! but lets fight about the title and call it ME4 as Andromeda was not ME4 at all Standard smile
Message 7 of 11 (927 Views)

★ Novice

If they don't at least change the final battle from "Trucks being smashed by a toddler" to "Help orchestrate the largest galactic amphibious assault/naval battle," then no.

YOUTUBE will get my views.

Message 8 of 11 (890 Views)

@BKnight3 

Bioware already stated that there wont be any changes to the ending other than that the Extended Cut ending will be the default ending of the game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 11 (859 Views)

@holger1405 wrote:

@BKnight3 

Bioware already stated that there wont be any changes to the ending other than that the Extended Cut ending will be the default ending of the game.

To be fair, I considered the Extended Cut to be the 'default' ending, the moment that DLC was released. Standard smile

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 11 (827 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help